Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
0 Ratings
Accepted Solution

Slow upload speed

I have recently had a lot of issues with my line dropping which now seems to be resolved by having an engineer check everything from my router to the exchange and replacing equipment at the exchange. When I said the upload speed was slow he said that it may be capped by software as the connection was fine. Below are my statistics, I have already asked the online chat for help and he reset the line but it has had no effect even after a reboot. I have the same issue on multiple PCs.

Home hub 4 stats:

18:17:39, 15 Nov. ( 110.600000) ETHoA is up -​ VPI: 0, VCI:35

18:17:39, 15 Nov. ( 110.600000) DSL is up

18:17:37, 15 Nov. ( 109.170000) DSL noise margin: 27.60 dB upstream, 6.00 dB downstream

18:17:36, 15 Nov. ( 108.250000) DSL line rate: 443 Kbps upstream, 16408 Kbps downstream

The download speed is fine. I know it says up to 1Mbps upload but I have connected faster than 440kbps in the past, can you help please.

Aspiring Contributor
0 Ratings

Re: Slow upload speed

Did I forget to mention something?

Distinguished Sage
0 Ratings

Have you tried the quiet line test dial 17070 option 2 you should hear no noise if you can hear noise then it needs reporting to BT faults on 151 with no mention of broadband in the call

john46 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
Aspiring Contributor
0 Ratings

Trust me I have had engineer after engineer sorting my line out, they even charged me £129 for one visit that I got half back (apparently BT engineer notes are infallible). I have had them try line tests, exchange cables, dig out the ants from outside the house, check all the cabinets and lines from my router to the filter to the exchange and back again.

There aint no line fault.

The engineer who was here from 7:30amd to 5pm said I my upload was being ruled by a limit, not the hardware.

When I moved here 6 years ago they forgot to upgrade me when ADSL2+ came out, I had to ring to get it upgraded as my neighbour said my speeds were slower than his.

Please look at my configuration rather than the line as I have lost the will to live when it come to BT broadband.

0 Ratings

Hi @Knuts,

Even though you're on an ADSL2+ line now it sounds like your upload has been changed to up to 448 kbps. It would explain the results you're getting. We're limited in what we can do in regards to upload speeds but we'll take a look into it for you. You can reach us by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods. It'll take us a few days to pick it up but we will be back in touch.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
Aspiring Contributor
0 Ratings

Thank you Daniel, replied to the mods.

Aspiring Contributor
0 Ratings

Any chance of an update on this, Ive been away for two weeks and hoped I might have heard back by now? Its as bad as it was before and killing VOIP.

Distinguished Sage
0 Ratings

Have you checked your emails for one from the forum mod team

john46 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings

[ Edited ]

Hi @Knuts I have checked and @DavidM was looking into this for you. I have dropped him an email to get in touch and update you when he is back in the office later today.

cheers

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings

Hi @Knuts,

Thanks for posting. Sorry for the delay in getting back. I was dealing with your voucher issue which is sorted but I've checked your connection with wholesale who have confirmed there is no upload cap in place.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDavidM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”