Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aspiring Contributor
0 Ratings

Re: Slow upload speed

[ Edited ]

Thanks for replying, how come their upload is fine, I live in a semi-detached and my home hub is a long way from them.

Can you check BT Wholesale are checking my address and phone number, I keep getting calls to my number claiming my name is a Mr Ja***on (or similar) Cheveral Avenue Coventry which is annoying to say the least. I work in IT myself and I dont think there is a problem at my end or my neighbours, Surely my download would be similarly affected, the line test is fine, it never ever goes over 448k upload, its always hovering around there which are ADSL max speeds.

Its just upload not download, please help.

Distinguished Sage
0 Ratings

The mod team have already posted there is o cap on your upload this has been checked by BT Wholesale the upload and down load are on different frequencies so upload and download can be affected in different ways
Keith has also made similar comments BT do not guarantee upload speeds and that applies to other provider's as well

john46 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
Distinguished Sage
0 Ratings

This is a customer to customer self help forum posts made here do not go to BT although the forum is moderated by BT

Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
Aspiring Contributor
0 Ratings

Dont you find it odd I cant go over 448k?

I have even gone around the house with a MW radio at 600mhz to see what might be interfering.

How can it be interference if there is nothing to interfere?

Distinguished Sage
0 Ratings

the interference may not be in your home it can be some distance away you say you can hear a sight hum there should be nothing at all
this link may give you some more ideas http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-Speed-Connection-Issues/Poor-Broadband-speed/m-p/14217#M8397

I have seen similar uploads to yours and they have ever changed either

Try a Search
Aspiring Contributor
0 Ratings

The thing is I have had engineers out and they say the line is fine, last time I had to pay £129 because they couldnt find a fault. 

The last engineer said my upload was being managed by my profile, he changed all that he could at the exchange, my cables and faceplate. My neighbours cables go down the same hole as mine to the exchange and they get a lot more than me, I still find it odd it never ever goes over 448k.

I have a Draytek I can use, I might be able to get a HH5, can you tell me what would information might help you get me over 448K from a HH5, you say a HH4 or 6 doesnt give you that.

I wonder if my old phone number is being used for upload while my current one is for download.

Without getting an engineer out again and having to pay another £129 to find no fault is there any other possibility?

Its that 448k thats making me think its BT's end, it should go higher than that on a good day???

Distinguished Sage
0 Ratings

The last engineer said my upload was being managed by my profile

that is rubbish

I wonder if my old phone number is being used for upload while my current one is for download

That is impossible as only one lines connected to the exchange equipment

Try a Search
Distinguished Sage
0 Ratings

You won't pay the fee if:
The fault is in BT’s network
If the fault is with your BT hub and it is in warranty (contract)
If the fault is with your BT TV box (in or out of warranty)
If you have the same fault within 28 days
In case of BT Infinity, if you call within 28 days after the install
In case of BT Infinity, if the Openreach Fibre modem needs replacing
They are registered as a Chronically Sick and Disabled Person

You will pay the fee if the fault's with:
Your home wiring past the main socket, for example, extensions
The way you've got your equipment connected
Interference from something, for example your phone, alarm system, micro-filter or broadband router
Damage to our network, for example cut wire, damage from building work, trees or pets, or damage to sockets

Try a Search
Distinguished Sage

I'd hazard a guess that something is stuck on the BT Wholesale side, despite then saying otherwise. If it were me working on the fault I'd try a service change, to ADSL1, then back to ADSL2+ the following working day.

This line is 100% capped/limited/banded (call it what you want) in one form or another.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’

Hi @Knuts and thanks for posting.

@Webby might be onto something here so I'll be happy to take another look at this for you. Can you send over your details using the link in my profile again?

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDavidM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You