Beginner
butt
Accepted Solution

Spam

I have today received 2 e-mails purporting to be from Bt internet asking me to verify my e-mail address otherwise it will be shutdown after 7 days . I assume that this is spam .

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

Re: Spam

I would think so, BT do not normally ask you to verify anything online. Looks like someone is trying to gain access to your account.
There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Guru
Andy_N

butt wrote:

I have today received 2 e-mails purporting to be from Bt internet asking me to verify my e-mail address otherwise it will be shutdown after 7 days . I assume that this is spam .

Hi.

The email sounds like a phishing attempt.

Did the "email" ask you to click a link and then to enter your email address and password etc ? I expect the link (don't click it) isn't a BT website, and depending on how you look at your emails - hovering over the link may show a different link than one displayed on screen.

Do you know how to get the email headers ? If so - you can post them, removing all the personal details contained within.

Expert
jjgraphics

Definitely SPAM. BT never do this kind of thing.

Send them on to the BT complaints address:

acceptable.use@bt.com

Beginner
butt

There was a link to verify my account. No action taken. thankyou