Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Beginner
Accepted Solution

Spam

I have today received 2 e-mails purporting to be from Bt internet asking me to verify my e-mail address otherwise it will be shutdown after 7 days . I assume that this is spam .

Distinguished Sage

Re: Spam

I would think so, BT do not normally ask you to verify anything online. Looks like someone is trying to gain access to your account.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Guru

butt wrote:

I have today received 2 e-mails purporting to be from Bt internet asking me to verify my e-mail address otherwise it will be shutdown after 7 days . I assume that this is spam .

Hi.

The email sounds like a phishing attempt.

Did the "email" ask you to click a link and then to enter your email address and password etc ? I expect the link (don't click it) isn't a BT website, and depending on how you look at your emails - hovering over the link may show a different link than one displayed on screen.

Do you know how to get the email headers ? If so - you can post them, removing all the personal details contained within.

Recognised Expert

Definitely SPAM. BT never do this kind of thing.

Send them on to the BT complaints address:

acceptable.use@bt.com

Beginner

There was a link to verify my account. No action taken. thankyou