Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

The Worst Broadband in the UK

I can now only get 125kbs download speed and I pay £35 per month for this awful service.  It was running at about 450k but dropped to this pittiful rate a couple of weeks ago.  I have registered a fault on-line but surprise surprise no-one has responded.  I would telephone but the last time I tried they insisted I need to trash my router and install theirs before they would help.

I will post a daily update but I fear there will little or no activity from BT until it gets to an Offcom complaint.

Is BT the worst Broadband provider in the world or are there even poorer ones out there?

Aspiring Expert

Re: The Worst Broadband in the UK

I know where you are coming from with this, I have had around 135kbps since last October, with a couple of weeks of higher speeds. Two months ago I got an email from BT stating that my fault wouldn't be taken any further, BT quoted a clause in my contract that states that BT do not promise any set speed nor do they promise any level of quality of whatever speed they deliver, they went on to say that they dont even promise to deliver any service at all, all the time, therefore my poor service fault would be taken no further.

They have however continued to pay me lip service and still send engineers. I have had 11, 12, 13? Who knows I cant remember now. The last one that came noticed the BB dropping when the phone was used, "Oh" he said, "I will ask for you ip profile to be reset". I think it has been reset 3 or 4 times a week since October.

I am afraid you are going to have to do what many other rural BT customers have to do. Pay up and shut up. It's a hard pill to swallow I know but as BT keep saying to me, "I understand how frustrated you must be". Like that helps somehow.

Mmm I have just spotted this:

: FARADAY DATAPATH 2 : DEGRADED SERVICE Update Number Detected Started Anticipated Clear Time:
12/03/2010 12:05
12/03/2010 12:00
12/03/2010 14:00

This is when my service degraded is this a co-incidence?

Aspiring Expert

Oh and your question re the worst broadband provider in the world... BT rate as 38 or something in Europe. Lithuania are better than BT at broadband. They are better at tennis than us too Smiley Happy have a look at the global test results at speedtester.net

Moderator-Retired

Hi Philjce

I can lend a hand here if you would like?

Drop me an email with your BT account and telephone number with a link back to this thread and I will be happy to see whats what.

forum.moderation.team@bt.com

Cheers

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

Thanks for your help.  I was contacted by one of your BT colleagues

I followed the advice give, although I had already done this previously, I did undertake the procedure again.  The Live chat link did not work, just got the following page.

So I contacted the call centre.  They could not find the reference of the query but they did try and help.  The same questions were repeated as in the email and then a line test was undertaken which apparently did not detect any fault on the line.  The case is now going to the supervisors queue.  I am not even sure what that means, neither was the support person. 

The support person was polite and seemed to want to help but had nothing of substance to offer.  I do hope I receive a call back.  It does seem very odd that the case reference could not be found.

Unfortunately, my original skepticism appears to have some foundation, I was promised a call yesterday but as at 19:03 today no further contact has been made.  Therefore I have no idea whether my problem is being investigated or ignored.