Jeremy31
Accepted Solution

Two Routers off same phone line?

Hi,

I have my nephews coming to stay and want to share internet access in the home without sharing access to other files, printers etc. I run a small net work and would prefer to keep them separate.

I have an old router, is it viable / legal to install a phone line splitter with a microfilter on each and have two routers running off the same phone line. That way I can give them the login password for one router and keep the other secure.

Regards

Jeremy

Expert
PheeragHfre

Re: Two Routers off same phone line?

[ Edited ]

Jeremy31 wrote:

Hi,

I have my nephews coming to stay and want to share internet access in the home without sharing access to other files, printers etc. I run a small net work and would prefer to keep them separate.

I have an old router, is it viable / legal to install a phone line splitter with a microfilter on each and have two routers running off the same phone line. That way I can give them the login password for one router and keep the other secure.

Regards

Jeremy

No a single ADSL router per Tel Line. :smileysad:

However you can, if done properly attach a DSL router to one of the ADSL router's Ethernet ports & thus isolate the other network.

It looks complex but just attach/view one section(router) at a time.

NAT Router Security Solutions

"I have this awful feeling someone is watching every move I make (one of my pet hates is router location tagging)." Marvin (A paranoid Android)
Jeremy31

Re: Two Routers off same phone line?

Had a horrible feeling that was the answer but it would have been such a simple solution.

Many thanks :smileyhappy: