Aspiring Contributor
ukgovsucks
Accepted Solution

Unable to Connect Wirelessly to Printer

Hi all.

Since I had my BT Infinity installed I am unable to connect to my printer Wirelessly like I had previous. I have an Epson SX600FW Inkjet All-in-One Printer. I have the BT Homehub 2.0. How do you configure this hub/router for the Wireless Printer? I cannot see any way of doing this?

Out of desperation, I have even tried to attach my old Router to the Homehub (even replace the BT Hub with it) but got nothing at all. Not even internet connection!

Can anyone help?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT Infinity (Option 2/Unlimited) - BT Telephone (Unlimited 24/7 calls) - BT Vision (The Whole Lot! inc Sky Sports & ESPN)
Sage
imjolly

Re: Unable to Connect Wirelessly to Printer

if you still have the original installation disc for the printer have you tried deleting the printer from your pc and then re-installing the printer with the cd.  The hub ssid and password will now be different now be different from your previous router.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Aspiring Contributor
ukgovsucks

Having just posted that issue, I have JUST sorted it! Found another menu on the small screen on the printer. Needed to change some settings. Now WORKING!! :smileyhappy:

Very Happy Now!!

Thanks for your quick response anyway mate. Much appreciated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT Infinity (Option 2/Unlimited) - BT Telephone (Unlimited 24/7 calls) - BT Vision (The Whole Lot! inc Sky Sports & ESPN)
GarethTheTwit

How did you get it working. I dont have the setup disc for my printer but the printer says its connected to the wireless network but its not available to connect to or available in the hub.... help!

Sage
john46

What printer are you trying to install you do not say and the post you have used is now marked as solved and nearly 6 months old you my be better off starting your own thread
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
rdec1945

Infinity installed yesterday. Works perfectly both with laptop and Wi Fi Blue Ray DVD but will not work with printer which is an Epson Stylus SX425W. I have set up printer ok to run on Wi Fi but it will not print and I keep getting error messages. Spoken to Epson who have been thro the set up, confirmed that all is ok and asked me to print a status check. This says that network is working correctly but "A router/access point channel conflict has been detected". According to Epson, the solution is for the BT Hub to be configured so that it allows any Epson product through it's firewalls, and for MAC address filtering to be turned off. This is out of my league - is there anyone out there who recognises this issue and can help?   

Guru
toekneem

[ Edited ]

rdec1945 wrote:

Infinity installed yesterday. Works perfectly both with laptop and Wi Fi Blue Ray DVD but will not work with printer which is an Epson Stylus SX425W. I have set up printer ok to run on Wi Fi but it will not print and I keep getting error messages. Spoken to Epson who have been thro the set up, confirmed that all is ok and asked me to print a status check. This says that network is working correctly but "A router/access point channel conflict has been detected". According to Epson, the solution is for the BT Hub to be configured so that it allows any Epson product through it's firewalls, and for MAC address filtering to be turned off. This is out of my league - is there anyone out there who recognises this issue and can help?   

Hi rdec1945

I dont use that printer but the epson PX710W.

Have you used the printers on screen menu.

Setup

OK

Network Settings

OK

Wireless setup wizard  or even Advanced setup and then WPS Wireless LAN setup, where you use the WPS button on the side of the HH3.

Setting up mine did not involve opening any thing in the firewall or doing anything with MAC address filtering.

[edit] have a look at this post from geaves, again not the same printer but suggests setting it up with ethernet first, I think its post 6.

http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/Cant-get-wireless-printer-working-with-Home-Hub-3/m-p/29...

toekneem
http://www.no2nuisancecalls.net

(EASBF)

rdec1945

Thanks for this. Yes, set up using printer on screen menu and this confirmed as set up ok but still didn't work. Will try the route you suggest. Can't believe it is anything to do with firewalls so will try other routes first. Thanks again.