Sage
Keith_Beddoe

Re: Unable to access some sites

Can you do a manual install here http://www.java.com/en/download/help/windows_manual_download.xml

Have you tried using a different Internet Browser?

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Contributor
jezhodges

All web browsers load the page, but will not start the download.

Contributor
jezhodges

Got it installed. Here are the results...

Capture.PNG

Beginner
allansmith

Hey, I'm having the same issues today. Some pages aren't loading at all. Other I have to keep refreshing, time after time. And others are taking literally minutes to load. Never had a problem until today. I'm in Cumbria, where abouts are you at?

Contributor
jezhodges

Glad to know someone else is having an issue. I'm in Ross-on-Wye in Herefordshire. I have found changing to Google's DNS servers at 8.8.8.8 have improved the situation, although Facebook still won't load.

Beginner
allansmith

Its always a relief when your not on your own with problems like this. Takes out the factor of hardware/setup issues. I've found a lot of the blogs I usually visit aren't loading at all. Facebook isn't too bad here but Ebay is a nightmare. Takes ages to load, if at all, on most attempts. Hopefully they look into it and sort it.

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

Nothing wrong with the speeds, it seems to be a general problem at the moment.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Beginner
allansmith

Well I'll keep faith that it will get sorted soon :smileyhappy:

Contributor
jezhodges

According to the service status here: http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/service_status_consumer/

BT carried out maintenance on its network last night. Maybe something happened then. 

Beginner
allansmith

Oh yeah, 00:33. I bet they forgot to put that important wire back :smileywink: