Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Distinguished Sage

Re: Unable to access some sites

Can you do a manual install here http://www.java.com/en/download/help/windows_manual_download.xml

Have you tried using a different Internet Browser?

=========================================================================================

Polite request to forum members who may have the same or similar problem. Please could you create your own thread on this forum, and avoid hijacking this thread.Otherwise its likely your problem will not be resolved, as it may have a different cause, and it also makes it difficult for forum members, who are trying to help the person on this thread. See How to post a new question

Thanks

Contributor

All web browsers load the page, but will not start the download.

Highlighted
Contributor

Got it installed. Here are the results...

Capture.PNG

Beginner

Hey, I'm having the same issues today. Some pages aren't loading at all. Other I have to keep refreshing, time after time. And others are taking literally minutes to load. Never had a problem until today. I'm in Cumbria, where abouts are you at?

Contributor

Glad to know someone else is having an issue. I'm in Ross-on-Wye in Herefordshire. I have found changing to Google's DNS servers at 8.8.8.8 have improved the situation, although Facebook still won't load.

Beginner

Its always a relief when your not on your own with problems like this. Takes out the factor of hardware/setup issues. I've found a lot of the blogs I usually visit aren't loading at all. Facebook isn't too bad here but Ebay is a nightmare. Takes ages to load, if at all, on most attempts. Hopefully they look into it and sort it.

Distinguished Sage

Nothing wrong with the speeds, it seems to be a general problem at the moment.

=========================================================================================

Polite request to forum members who may have the same or similar problem. Please could you create your own thread on this forum, and avoid hijacking this thread.Otherwise its likely your problem will not be resolved, as it may have a different cause, and it also makes it difficult for forum members, who are trying to help the person on this thread. See How to post a new question

Thanks

Beginner

Well I'll keep faith that it will get sorted soon Smiley Happy

Contributor

According to the service status here: http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/service_status_consumer/

BT carried out maintenance on its network last night. Maybe something happened then. 

Beginner

Oh yeah, 00:33. I bet they forgot to put that important wire back Smiley Wink