Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unstable Internet Connection

I have been experiencing an unstable internet connection over the past 12 hours, I wouldn't be too bothered but I had the exact same problem for 4 days starting the Friday before last. My connection is approx 5 - 6 mb but during a speedtest atleast twice the connection will drop to either dialup speed or nothing (for a split secound) then go back up to normal speed.

This repeats constantly, its especially noticeable playing online games (xbox etc) as causes constant disconnects. My location is Herefordshire if there are any current issue's here, however Status page does not mention any.

But interestingly previously the issue resolved itself after several days. I am using a BT Homehub 2 on the main socket.

ADSL Stats

Connection Information
Line stateConnected <script type="text/javascript"></script>
Connection time2 days, 20:59:36
Downstream6,520 Kbps
Upstream1,099 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationG.992.5 Annex A
Latency typeFast
Noise margin (Down/Up)8.4 dB / 0.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)44.4 dB / 0.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up)9.7 dBm / 1.6 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote)0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote)0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote)0 / 0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)0 / 0
CRC Errors (Down/Up)50584 / 3
HEC Errors (Down/Up)3640365 / 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote)20728 / 2
Distinguished Sage

Re: Unstable Internet Connection

do you have an NTE5 master where you can remove the bottom half and connect to the test socket behind?

It is a know problem with the HH2 that sometimes when accessing the adsl stats in hub manager the hub resets the connection.  this has been a problem for 1yr+ but the introduction of the HH3 has resulted in no further progress with a fix

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage

Re: Unstable Internet Connection

Test Socket.jpg

This is the socket imjolly has posted about 

john46 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.