TimmerC

WPS Button

I have just bought a new Panasonic TV and am having difficulty connecting it to my home hub so that I can use the Viera Cast (internet TV).

I am able to get the TV to connect to the internet, but the next step in the process as detailed in the instructions is to press the 'WPS button' on my router. The router I have (the BT black one) does not have this button as far as I can see and therefore I cannot complete the set up process.

I would be grateful if anyone knows of a solution to this issue. Thanks in advance for any help.

Sage
imjolly

Re: WPS Button

instead of the wps button which the hub does not have I think you have to manually enter the hub ssid and probably the wireless password

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Lindsay

Hi, I have a similar problem, I wonder if you can help me?

I have a new HP printer (wireless) and cannot connect it to my laptop. It requests I press the WPS number on my router, I have a BT home-hub which does not have a button, but a SSID code. My problem is I have no idea what to do with this, the printer does not have a keypad to enter this and I can't connect the two.

I actually bought it a month ago and got it all set up and it worked fine, even printed a few docs, but now it states that there is no connection. Do you have any idea?

Thanks.

Lindsay.

Sage
imjolly

I recently set up an HP wireles printer for a friend and just used the disc that came with printer.  Ran it in laptop and then when given choice of USB or network selected networks and just followed the instruction.  when it found my ssid just told it to connect and entered wireless password on laptop when asked.  It worked ok

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Aspiring Expert
Soulvache

It may be that you will have to hardwire the printer to your computer to setup the network password to begin with if there is no keyboard to enter this information.

I've had my own share of issues attempting to connect a HP Photosmart to an iMac... it's ended up a 'wired' printer now as it is not supported! :smileymad:

Kyle

=======================================
If you found my post helpful, please give Kudos on the left!
=======================================
petehis

I'm having the same problem with my Toshiba tv. No button to press. Any help would be gratefully recieved.