Contributor
jfsfoster

Will Billion 78OON router work with BT Vision

Had enough of poor quality HH2. Constant dropping of WiFi signal. Tried everything. Changed channel. Switched down to 802.11g. Stepped down to WEP. Ordered replacement router, same thing. Used inSSIDer etc.

Some Amazon customers talk about months of uptime on the Billion. Currently using a patch cable.

I guess you get what you pay for.

Contributor
jfsfoster

Re: Will Billion 78OON router work with BT Vision

I would just add that until a few weeks ago I never really had any problems. I've had the HH2 since January 2009. The voyager 205 was fairly stable. the voyager 2110 was rock solid. The HH 1.0 was a nightmare. I switched to Sky broadband because of it. Their Sagem router was basic, but excellent

I suspect a firmware update has caused this.

Maybe the Billion will sort this mess out. And if I pay £120 for a router and get problems I know who's **bleep** to kick.

Expert
PheeragHfre

Re: Will Billion 78OON router work with BT Vision

This Router?

http://www.billion.com/product/wireless/BiPAC-7800N-11n-ADSL2-Broadband-Firewall-Router-Gigabit.html

With QOS support & the stated specs it should, but no guarantees. :smileyindifferent:

"I have this awful feeling someone is watching every move I make (one of my pet hates is router location tagging)." Marvin (A paranoid Android)