Aspiring Expert
NanoTm

bt yahoo problems

so for the last week or more i have been geting various odd responsces when trying to access various parts of the service, most recently after logging into the service and trying to see why things on my mail client wernt working i keep getting dns errrors when clicking on links, now having run a few checks on the various addresses from the link's the pages are navigatable from some dns servers but not when usign the default ones from the isp.

given that the pages are actually part of the bt help area i find it somewhat incredulous that there own dns servers cant find the correct address and resolve it.

please fix the problems with your servers its getting beyond a joke,

and while your at it could you kindly get the yahoo team to re-enable folder syncing for pop mail clients since for some bizare reason the servers are only offering syncronisation for the inbox and despite havign followed the instructions on 4 differnt how to's (none of which made any difference) the standard folders remain unsyncable, i would read the other faq /help pages but unfortunatly there either missing or removed so cant be read.

Contributor
rustins

Re: bt yahoo problems

Hi NanoTm,

I have been getting DNS probs with BT over the last couple of days even looking up common sites as well.

Aspiring Expert
NanoTm

as an update as well i'm wondering if the constant hub resyncs over the last 3 days are related to the sntp time outs it was getting when trying to connect to bt's time servers at 213.123.20.170 and 213.123.26.170 respectivly, its funny but every resync (orange flash back to blue) co-insides with at least 1 if not 2 time server sync entries.

or does this mean my hhv2type a is knackered? and the other problems are down to soemthing totally different?
Aspiring Expert
MikeFlint

I have been successfully connecting to those sntp's so far today.

My current BT dns's are - 194.72.9.34 and 62.6.40.178

I've had no dns problems at all recently. Maybe give those ones a go?
Aspiring Expert
NanoTm

my problem isnt the connecting too them once in a while its the connect to them, get an sntp error get a bb orange light on the hub, get another sntp connection mostly its like seconds for the changes but i noticed when the server number changes its normally taken a few mins for the bb to be up and running again

and its a real probelm if your playing a game online and it does it 3 times in 45 mins.

i think either bt's time servers are on the blink or there messing about withsomethign thats causign the problem and thats probably why so many people are seeign the same mass of dropouts recently, maybe this problem has always been there but not for so many due to not so much upgrading getting done at the same time.

i mean without knowing what works were taking place or anything theres no way of knowing for sure about this it just seems odd that more problems are occuring as they pick up the pace of there new product rollout and the uk wide upgrade test for dnssec takes place, maybe its too much at the same time, maybe its a whole load of problems not related but all showing up at the same time.

and then again maybe there sales pitch was too successfull and they dont have the hardware to cope in place (i seriously hope its not this or thigns will likley get a lot worse before they start to get better)
Aspiring Expert
NanoTm

of course the problems could be related to this:

http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/service_status_consumer/ss_cat/2468,2470

be nice if you didnt have to trawl all over there help site for the information though.
Aspiring Expert
NanoTm

but then i wonder if the configuration saved by tr69 entries in the hub are ment to show up every few hours, or every 6 sntp server connection entries in the log file (it looks like something or some one is remotly doing something to cause the line stability issues) maybe i should just buy a new router next time i get soem spare cash and see if playing games becomes possible again :smileysad:
Beginner
Dodcobbler

Internet Explorer links to email addresses

When I click onto an email address in Internet Explorer the system automatically opens Outlook Express when I would prefer to use BT Yahoo as I have always done in the past.

How can I overcome this?

Paul

Aspiring Expert
MikeFlint

Re: Internet Explorer links to email addresses

Hi Paul!

Maybe you should start a new thread for this question?

Anyway, it depends on your browser.   Let's assume you are using Internet Explorer.  In that, go to 'Tools' then 'options' and you can then select the 'programs' tab.   This tells Internet Explorer which programs handle email.   Yours sounds as though it is set-up to use Outlook Express.

Just clear that field, and 'ok' all the boxes until you are out of the options again.   This should make it go back to internet explorer, or at least asking you.  There might be an option that even says 'use Yahoo mail' - if so, select that.   It will vary on IE version as well, but it's somewhere in the options.

Mike.

Dianetheflute

Re: Internet Explorer links to email addresses

Hi Mike and Paul

I am having same trouble.  I tried Mike's suggestion but the programme would not let me delete Outlook Express.  It offers me a drop-down menu listing Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows something and hotmail.  Any Ideas how I can add BTYahoo to the list?

Thanks

Diane