Anna55

connect sony bravia TV to BT home hub 2.0 using UWA-BR100 dongle

Does anyone know how to successfully wirelessly connect a sony bravia TV to the BT home hub 2.0 using the Sony UWA-BR100.

I haven't been able to get it to work at all. the network set-up fails and when I try to use wireless set up the instructions on the TV prompt me to enter a password provided onto the router. How on earth to I enter this onto the home hub

Help

Sage
imjolly

Re: connect sony bravia TV to BT home hub 2.0 using UWA-BR100 dongle

try here  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9692/c/346

there is more assistance at the top of the forum with entries from the mods

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
jenmac

I am having the same problem - I enter the wireless key (is this the same as the WPA key?) when prompted by the TV but it is not accepted and nothing happens.

Beginner
Ianavery

Hi

I got the Bravia KDL-40EX713 and the uwa-br100 I had massive problems getting it to work with a BT home hub. Eventually I found manual setting that work.  Firstly I logged on to the router and went the the advanced settings bit, then I went to the DHCP table that shows all the devices connected.  I picked an unused Ip address from the range of existing ones being used (this sort of thing 192.168.1.73)

I then used the following settings for the other fields (I don't think the secondary dns setting is right but it still works)

ip 192.168.1.73

sn mask 255.255.255.0

default gateway 192.168.1.254

primary dns 192.168.1.254

secondary dns 192.168.22.23

If the DNS server ip is wrong then you get local access OK but internet access failed.

Hope this helps.

Ian

leejohn

Can any body help...... I have a Sony Bravia tv and have purchased the wifi dongle which goes with the tv to connect to the internet. Unfortunately I have been unable to make the connection work. I have spoken to both Sony and BT without much success.

BT say there is nothing wrong with my connection, and my other wifi connections are working fine ..... so no problem. After 2 very long and frustrating conversations with Sony help line, during which I have manually entered IP addresses as suggested by them, the system is still not working - there suggestion is that it's a BT problem. Has any one out there managed to resolve this problem?

leejohn

I tried this - but it did not work for me

leejohn

Managed to do this at last ........ When going through the setup for the dongle ...... it asks for a Wep code, infact my BT home hub used the wpa-psk encrypton code which I was able to find by looking on the set up for my BT homehub.

Once I input this code the system connected straight away!