Beginner
dizee

ipod touch wont connect to hub through wifi

I've just gotten new ipod touch i can use it when connected to laptop but when try to use in home through wifi wont connected it is showing my hub in network selection and asking for password but thats it please help

Contributor
BillHinge

Re: ipod touch wont connect to hub through wifi

The ipod touch only works with 802.11g, which I think is supported on  all wifi options.

I just typed in the wireless key found on the black & white card that came with the hub

on the ipod's wifi settings after selecting the network name and it works, shouldn't need 

anything else

Aspiring Expert
Jarviser

My method here http://www.jarviser.co.uk/jarviser/howto2.html#type8

..... Jarviser's Home Hub Index
Beginner
dizee

tried that thanks anyway
Contributor
BillHinge

@Jarviser

slightly off topic

You don't even need to run a cable to the HH2 if you have another router as your DHCP

eg Airport Extreme. It usually uses 192.168.1.1 as an address, if you then plug in the HH 

you can access it at 192.168.1.254

That way I can turn off DHCP on the HH and set wifi to 802.11g for slow things and run

802.11n 5GHz only on the Airport for fast things

I'm not having any problem accessing the HH with WPA & WPA2 using my ipod Touch,

even remembers the password after a reboot - I have got the latest paid for upgrade 

though (3.13 7E18)

Aspiring Expert
Jarviser

Cheers Bill. The DHCP table handling on most homehubs is  flawed enough that anything is better, and if you can run another router as controlling hub then many of the DHCP table problems are avoided. 

..... Jarviser's Home Hub Index
Beginner
dizee

thanks got the ipod connected just needed to put in hub number now just need windows to recognise it as an ipod rather than a camera so i can sync my music more problem solving
yasjooni

Just received my kit for the Home Hub 2.0, (although as my PC is close by this is connected via ethernet cable), other than this, this is the first time I have gone wireless, main reason is that I am getting a slightly better deal and that I wanted to be able to connect all of my gaming and phone devices via wireless connection.

Connected up, installed the software, first up was the iTouch:

1.  Turned on Wi-Fi, straight away my SSID was showing, selected it, it then asked for my Password/Security Key.

2.  I entered the correct key, then tried to connect, all I get is 'Unable to join the network'.

Next the PSP:

1.  Created a New Connection to get online, scanned automatically and again straight away my Home Hub was found.

2.  Went through all the setup screens and entered the key when prompted, when I then tried to connect the following message was displayed, 'The access point was not detected'.

I have tried setting the key from WPA-WPA2 to just WPA, even tried WEP, still the same, I have checked all password and keys that I am typing in correctly.... I have been on this for 3 hours now and am at a loss, this should be so simple why is ist not???.... any thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks