Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aspiring Expert

my bt home hub 2 phone

Wasn't really sure where to put this but here goes.

For about around 2 wks now my hub phone has started to mess around, randomly restarting, searching for hub and dropping calls. Now i've tried replacing the batteries with new rechargable duracell (**bleep** expensive just for batteries), left it on the hub to recharge for 24 hrs and still the same problems, Has anyone got any thoughts on how to sort this out as it's really annoying when you get into a conversation and the **bleep** thing goes loopy cheers in advance Mcpaddy.

Contributor

Re: my bt home hub 2 phone

You can try and reset the home hub to default settings as ive had this problem before. Get something small like a pin and press and hold the button at the side saying reset to default settings. After 15 secs let go and let the homehub restart. You will notice that the phone light isnt lit on the home hub and that on the phone it says to register it again. Follow the registration instructions on the user guide that came with the hub and to get brodband talk enabled again do the following:

1. Go to www.bt.com/bbt

2. Type in the phone number of the hub phone and the password (password should have been sent in an email when u first signed up)

3. click configure on the pop up and the light should glow blue, the phone light that is.

If this problem still dosnt fix your problem it might be a faulty phone as by changing the batteries didnt do anything. Ring BT and discuss it will them further.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

mcpaddy wrote:

Wasn't really sure where to put this but here goes.

For about around 2 wks now my hub phone has started to mess around, randomly restarting, searching for hub and dropping calls. Now i've tried replacing the batteries with new rechargable duracell (**bleep** expensive just for batteries), left it on the hub to recharge for 24 hrs and still the same problems, Has anyone got any thoughts on how to sort this out as it's really annoying when you get into a conversation and the **bleep** thing goes loopy cheers in advance Mcpaddy.

Now my problem with the phone is that its set up to ring for main line and broadband calls. Yet when a main line call comes in it whistles and goes turns off then on again but wont connect to the main line. I can ring out on the main line but not answer calls on the hub phone. Batteries are OK I've checked them and this happens even when the handset is next to the hub so its not a signal strength problem. Any ideas anyone...................

Now my problem with the phone is that its set up to ring for main line and broadband calls. Yet when a main line call comes in it whistles and goes turns off then on again but wont connect to the main line. I can ring out on the main line but not answer calls on the hub phone. Batteries are OK I've checked them and this happens even when the handset is next to the hub so its not a signal strength problem. Any ideas anyone...................
Contributor

Oh i would defo suggest to ring BT and look about a replacement =/

Seems faulty to me....