Aspiring Contributor
kdservices
Accepted Solution

slow broadband hp224dz

hi i'm asking on behalf of my father. as the broadband on his line is very slow 576 at max. i know that this line can support faster speeds than this as before we moved from bt it was a 2m line then we moved to nildram got 1m which dropped to 512. now returning to bt we are stuck at 512. i have been to otheres houses in the same street and also some who are further away from the exchange and they are getting 4-5m. is this a line detioration issue? or has the dlm got stuck. i have installed a bt 2wire hg2700 business hub as i read thease are better for long lines. it is plugged directly into the master socket with a bt filter. here are the line statistics.

Down Up

Modem Type:Built in modem - ADSL
DSL Line (Wire Pair):Line 1 (inner pair)
Current DSL Connection:

Rate:576 kbs288 kbs
Max Rate:5708 kbs908 kbs
Noise Margin:26.0 dB27.0 dB
Attenuation:45.6 dB29.0 dB
Output Power:17.3 dBm11.9 dBm

Protocol:G.DMT Annex A
Channel:Fast
DSLAM Vendor InformationCountry: {3840} Vendor: {ALCB} Specific: {0 }
ATM PVC:0/38

Rate Cap:5708 kbs
Attenuation @ 300kHz:45.6 dB
Uncanceled Echo:-17.0 dBOk
VCXO Frequency Offset:16.9 ppmOk
Final Receive Gain:24.7 dBOk
Excessive Impulse Noise:0Ok

I have read all the guides to getting better speed and been through the scripted telephone support.

please help

Keith

Sage
imjolly

Re: slow broadband hp224dz

you are on a fixed half meg service and not on adslmax. 

try uk sales 08007830056 and see if they can help   may need to agree a new contract but should be able to negotiate a good price.  you want switch to adslmax

if that does not work then contact the mods who will sort it 

contact mods

can take up to 3 working days for mods to contact you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Sage
john46

yes i agree a fixed 1/2 mb service you need to contact BT to get it resolved as imjolly posts
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Sage
imjolly

thanks john46 didn't think I was wrong after reading the stats

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Aspiring Contributor
kdservices

Thanks all have contacted mods as trying to call just got me bounced round India
Sage
imjolly

[ Edited ]

try online help while you wait for mods

live chat http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/2902/?s_intcid=con_intban_sanda_contact_us_chat_from_forums

the number I gave you in mt post was uk sales so should not have spoke to india

Aspiring Contributor
kdservices

I'll wait the UK sales directed me to tech support with their script.
Sage
imjolly

then you are better waiting for mods as they will get it sorted for you

Sage
john46

the mods have a great reputation for getting problems solved
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’