Aspiring Expert
Diean

speedtester.bt.com problem

I have just spent some time look through six pages on the forum to see if anyone else is having the same problem as I seem to be having or if it is just the way that the new speedtester works, but found nothing to reassure me.

The problem is, that when I run the speedtester, after it has done the first test, at the bottome of the page, as you can see from the screenshot 1 below, I get told that "

We have identified that you have additional services enabled on you broadband line, please click continue to run advanced service tests."  When I click on continue as requested to do so, it brings up a page titled 'Additional services test'.  Screenshot 2.

I do not have any additional services on my broadband line.  I have been on the phone for many hours trying to get this sorted and on many occassions being passed to departments that have nothing to do with this, i.e. billing, home it and others.

You will also note that in the first screenshot that there is no sync being shown.

Screenshot 1

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download  Speed
 2.45 Mbps

0 Kbps4 Mbps Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 2.45 Mbps For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 1.2 Mbps-4 Mbps. IP Profile for your line is - 2.46 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 728 Kbps

0 Kbps832 Kbps Max Achievable Speed
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 728Kbps Additional Information: Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 832 Kbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time. It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly. If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.

We have identified that you have additional services enabled on you broadband line, please click continue to run advanced service tests.

Screenshot 2

Our systems indicate that you have additional service(s) enabled on your broadband line. Please select any of the additional services that you would like test and click 'Go'. If you have any queries please contact your Broadband Service Provider.

Top of Form

Assured Rate - For example this service can be used for catch-up TV e.g. BT Vision

Premium - For example this service can be used for video

I even got asked by BT helpdesk why I needed to run the speedtester.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sage
john46

Re: speedtester.bt.com problem

they are new additional tests and nothing to worry about if you do not have vision or stream video
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Aspiring Expert
Diean

Is there a reason why the speedtester no longer shows your sync speed?

I only ask, as for some time now I have not been able to get in to the HH manager page at all.  Wireless or wiered and even ag=fter doing a hub reset as suggested by BT.

Sage
john46

BT Wholesale's decision there should be no reason you cannot access the hub manager try a full factory reset
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Distinguished Guru
DS

A quick way to check that should work on all the version 2 and version 3 hubs is to enter the hub manager, click troubleshooting and then helpdesk - item 6:smileywink:

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
Aspiring Expert
Diean

john46:  I have done that.

Aspiring Expert
Diean

[ Edited ]

DS: Don't think you read the post in full or you would realise that I said that I could not get in to the hub manager page at all.

Distinguished Guru
DS

[ Edited ]

Diean wrote:

DS: Don't think you read the post in full or you would realise that I said that I could not get in to the hub manager page at all.

It was meant to follow on from the advice that John gave (the factory reset) - I should of made that clearer, sorry.

Should a reset still not cure it, clearer you browser cache etc and it should then work.

(for any future readers, the helpdesk tip should work on all BB packages BT offer:smileywink:)

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
Distinguished Guru
pottyperson

[ Edited ]

Diean wrote:

I could not get in to the hub manager page at all.

It could be a corrupt bookmark. If you're using one, try entering 192.168.1.254 in your browser and, if it works, set a fresh bookmark.

You can click the white star next to this message if you think it was helpful.
Aspiring Expert
Diean

Cache was cleared and hub address reentered in the address bar.  Tried IE and Firefox.