julien80

very slow BT broadband

Hi,

Our BT broadband has become very very slow, up to a point where we can barely use the internet.

Since the middle of June our Hub started to drop connections very frequently and the download speed has gradually decreased up to about 0.2 MB/s since about mid-July. The Hub is now stable, but slow. I called BT tech support, but they haven't been helpfull. I have plugged the Hub in the BT test socket overnight after disconnecting all phones, but the speed did not improve. I have plugged my laptop with an ethernet cable to the Hub and that didn't help either.

I do not know what to do next....Any suggestions? My Hub stats are below

Thanks,

ADSL line status

Connection information
Line stateConnected
Connection time3 days, 0:32:04
Downstream283 Kbps
Upstream994 Kbps

ADSL settings

VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.5
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)34.8 dB / 4.7 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)27.0 dB / 13.8 dB
Output power (Down/Up)20.5 dBm / 12.4 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)0
Loss of Signal (Local)0
Loss of Power (Local)0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)99 / 365
CRC Errors (Down/Up)0 / N/A
HEC Errors (Down/Up)N/A / 4844
Error Seconds (Local)0
Guru
Webby

Re: very slow BT broadband

[ Edited ]

Can you test into the test socket? My guess is that your internal set up isn't quite correct.

Get your home hub into the test socket (which is found by unscrewing the faceplate from your master socket). Ensure that the only thing plugged into that test socket is one microfilter and your home hub. If you've done that and are still there, try changing the filter.

Can you repost the stats once you've done that please?

If still no luck, you need an engineer visit as there's something wrong with your line.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Sage
imjolly

[ Edited ]

you look like you are in a banded profile and as you have the requisite 3 days stable conenction you need to contact the mods for assistance 

contact mods

can take up to 3/5 working days for mods to contact you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Contributor
thedude

you should be able to get a far better speed. At least your upload is fast...

Sage
john46

hi yes you are in a banded profile due to a high number of disconnections you need to contact the mods as you are over the normal 3 days you need the mods assistance to remove the banding use the link imjolly has posted
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’