IanBLondon

wireless keeps dropping out

I have a Home Hub3 on a Total Broadband package. It has been installed for several months and works fine. For the last few days, the wireless connection keeps dropping out. I go to the Home Hub centre and reset the wireless channel and it works for a few hours then drops out again. My main computer is cable connected to the Home Hub so it doesn't affect me so much but everyone else in the house uses laptops and keep findig they have bo internet connection.

BT helpdesk haven't suggested anything other than resetting the wireless channel as above

Sage
imjolly

Re: wireless keeps dropping out

you can try downloading inssider2 (istumbler if MAC) and then run it. This will show the broadcasting networks round about you and their channels including your own. If you then enter your router and change your wireless channel to a free or less congested channel.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.