cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 24

Re: 0.3Mbps, Rain, Crackle, Ongoing Problems

just use the email they sent you and add a reply to the bottom of it that should work with no problems
0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 22 of 24

@HantsHog wrote:

Sunday morning after rain and thawing snow again I get shifty crackle on the line and loads of WAN drop outs. Crackle also happens when the wind blows. Internet dropped on average once every two minutes. Noise margin went to 8,000dB! That must be a record.

Hi HantsHog,

This will not help solve your problem but at least it will let you know you are not alone.  I battled with BT for about 18 months ( I was not aware of this forum then) telling them that whenever it rained hard I had problems.  Most of the people I spoke to, including some of the engineers that came out, said there was no way rain could affect the phone and broadband.

I'm sure the mods will bring you a much speedier resolution.

BTW the rain and thaw resulted in water spurting up about 7 cms from each of the 4 lifting holes on one of the BT inspection pits in the village.

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
HantsHog
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 24

Well BT have been and thank goodness it was a windy day so that the engineer heard the crackle on the line, so much so that he had to hold 'phone away from his ear.

Anyhow, the cable between two poles has been replaced and crackle has gone. Still not as good as it was with 0.91Mbps throughput on 1.25Mbps profile but better than nothing. Noise magin is higher at 10dB over normal 6dB but I'm not sure if this is a setting that BT can change as a previous engineer "put me on a 9dB margin for better stability".

I'm assuming that the IP profile has not been reset as this was something BT engineer said he could not do.

Still getting several WAN dropouts a day.

5th Feb 2013, 12:30

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download  Speed
    0.91 Mbps

0 Mbps    2 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 0.91 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.4 Mbps-2 Mbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :1.06 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 1.25 Mbps

ADSL Line Status
Connection information
Line state:     Connected
Connection time:     0 day, 11:08:16
Downstream:     1,056 Kbps
Upstream:     448 Kbps

ADSL settings
VPI/VCI:     0/38
Type:     PPPoA
Modulation:     G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type:     Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):     10.0 dB / 11.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):     63.5 dB / 31.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up):     15.6 dBm / 11.9 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):     19929 / 244
CRC Events (Down/Up):     1680 / 124
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):     0 / 1
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):     1 / 1
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):     0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote):     0
HEC Errors (Down/Up):     4007 / 85
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):     0 / 0

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 24

the profile will reset to be consistent with your conenction speed.  you need to stay connected and your noise margin which is 10db should reduce to about 6db which will increase your connection speed and improve your profile

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings