cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 55

Re: 0.5Mb connection speed at weekends. poor speed.

Go to solution

Did you use the mod contact us link and complete the email?  

If so then you are in a queue of others waiting for mod help which can take 3/4 working days but mods will contact you either by phone or email.  Hopefully  they will get wholesale to increase capacity and will get a date for the improvement 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
DaveBroadband
Contributor
Message 22 of 55

Go to solution

@NeilO not happy with this. It's Friday night and my speed has just dropped off a cliff. I know this is due to congession, you know this is due to congession. I know the weekend speed is going to be slow, you know the weekend speed is going to be slow. Get it sorted mate. 

TURN UP THE BANDWIDTH.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 55

Go to solution

This is a problem for wholesale not BT Retail. Mods will contact wholesale but can take a few weeks for wholesale to increase capacity 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
DaveBroadband
Contributor
Message 24 of 55

Go to solution

IF, I have another weekend with low speeds, I will be changing ISP. I'm currently out of contract.

How long dose it take to change a Band width setting. Answer...........remote logging and change settings........job done!

0 Ratings
DaveBroadband
Contributor
Message 25 of 55

Go to solution

Friday 15 slow 2.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 55

Go to solution

You should work for wholesale - you make it sound so simple

0 Ratings
DaveBroadband
Contributor
Message 27 of 55

Go to solution

It is that simple!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 55

Go to solution
capacity issues take time to resolve they often mean providing extra cabling from the exchange to the core network which can be miles long
also changing providers can not always solve the problem as they all use the same network BT wholesale will be aware of the issue and be working on a fix
0 Ratings
DaveBroadband
Contributor
Message 29 of 55

Go to solution

**bleep** service, Saturday 1607.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
DaveBroadband
Contributor
Message 30 of 55

Go to solution

[quote/John46] capacity issues take time to resolve they often mean providing extra cabling from the exchange to the core network which can be miles long
also changing providers can not always solve the problem as they all use the same network BT wholesale will be aware of the issue and be working on a fix [quote/end]

I understand your view. But at least that will elminate BT's throttling back of bandwidth. If I still get the same results with a differnent isp then yes you maybe right that it's down to line quality, I reffer you back to a previous post where I mentioned that the PHONE Cable had been cut by a tractor hedge cutting.

Either way I wont be paying the same company with poor bandwidth/bad over head phone cables.

Regards Dave.

0 Ratings