Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
cchldgs
Message 1 of 5

0.7mb download / high noise margins - need SNR reset

Hi

Long time BT customer here.  Using I'm now using BT Home Hub 5 (upgrading from hub 3 a couple of months ago) and in recent weeks my internet speed has divebombed to 0.7mb down and even less up.  It should be around 6 or 8 mb down.  Looking in my router i see the noise margin is high which probably why my internet speed is so slow.  I have already done the following:

• Left router on for at least 10 days
  • Reset router using pin/reset button at the back of it
  • Done the quiet line test and line is quiet

I am using a wired ethernet connection to the router and the router is plugged into the master socket. I have tried various laptops, PCs on the ethernet and all show same speed results so I'm confident its not a software or hardware issue with my equipment.

I think maybe a few months back when I changed router (from the 3 to the 5), there might have been some noise on the line and that caused my noise margins to go up and speed to go down, but for some reason they have stuck there and the DLM has not corrected them. 

Could one of the BT Mods please check the SNR on my line and reset it?  I've included some info below:

Noise stats from my home hub 5 router:

3. Firmware version:Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.236.1.2 (Type A) Last updated 29/07/17
4. Board version:BT Hub 5A
6. Data rate:448 / 8128
7. Maximum data rate:1240 / 9440
8. Noise margin:25.0 / 13.6
9. Line attenuation:7.0 / 14.5
10. Signal attenuation:7.0 / 14.1
26. Latency type:Interleaved

A check on my phone line that Ishould be getting better speeds:

4.PNG

The actual speeds I get using BT's wholesale speed test:

5.PNG

I'm really frustrated by this now!

thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: 0.7mb download / high noise margins - need SNR reset

Looks like your IP profile is still low.

How long has your connection been up for at the current connection speed of 8128kbps?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
cchldgs
Message 3 of 5

I checked all the stats in the router and decided to restart it today after still being so frustrated with it, so only a few hours for today, although prior to today it's been constantly on for weeks.  Stats were same before and after restarting it.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hi @cchldgs and welcome.

Sorry you're having problems with the connection. can you check if there is any noise on the line? try connecting a phone to the test socket and dial 17070 option 2. If there is any noise on the line you'll need to report a line fault to 151. Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Just looks like a stuck profile @DavidM

Sync is at 8128kbps, the max, as the OP is on ADSL.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings