cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 2 of 12

1-3mbps broadband

Hi all, 

I'm looking at moving to a flat & have just been told that I can only get speed of 1-3mbps. I was shocked at this but due to the location nothing can do about it. 

Is this speed accurate & has anyone any experience with broadband this low? 

Will I be able to stream Netflix BT TV, BT sport & all other stuff used with broadband? 

Any help & advice much appreciated.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12

Broadband speed

Hi all,

Im looking at moving to a flat but have just been to check broadband deals & I've been quoted that the speed is 1-3mbps is as good as I can get due to location of the flat. 

Has anyone had broadband this low before & are the BT speed checkers accurate for this low speed? 

Any help & advice much appreciated 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Re: 1-3mbps broadband

That is drastically low speed and will be pretty much useless for Netflix etc.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

That's what I was thinking.
I've been offered the Hybrid connect aswell as the broadband hub. This takes over when broadband cuts out & uses the 4G network.
I don't know anything about it tho
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

@Dizzie40 welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

What results do you get if you enter your details on this availability checker?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

As it will only take over when your broadband fails, it doesn't help you much.

Have you considered 4G broadband?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

I've just been looking at 4G broadband the coverage for the area seems ok with EE & 3. EE very expensive tho. 3 seems good prices but coverage is average. Do you know anything about 4G broadband?
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Thanks I checked & shows only 1-3mbps I'm afraid. Do you know much about 4G broadband?
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

This may be of help https://www.bt.com/broadband/USO

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

@Dizzie40 4G broadband is basically a slightly more powerful mobile receiver that either plugs into a PC etc or a hub. It connects to the 4 or 5G network to give you a usable internet connection. The costs are normally higher but cheaper than paying for an infrastructure upgrade. If you run a speed test on a 4 or 5G mobile, you'll get an idea of what speeds you'll be able to get.

Another option is a Starlink satellite connection but that'll cost about £90 per month plus £500 for the kit and a connection fee.

0 Ratings