cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
markthom
Contributor
Message 1 of 13

2 Houses 50 yds apart - INFNITY available to 1, not other!!!

Go to solution

I am really frustrated by my lack of understanding on this issue, BT are also unable to provide me a comprehensive answer - any help will be appreciated.

I live on a new build housing estate of approx 70 houses all built at the same time and to the best of my knowledge we are all wired off the same cabinet. All 70 houses have been without fibre (copper ADSL 2mbps only) until about 4 weeks ago when I saw the Openreach engineers at the top of the road, after having a chat with them it was confirmed, they were laying fibre to our cabinet, hooray!!! Our exchange was actually converted years ago, we apparently were off an unsuitable cabinet, hence the delay.

I have been checking BT.com for the past 4 weeks but still to this day it is not available to me (my number/postcode) - however I was amazed to find out 2 weeks ago that 5 houses on the estate (50-100 yards away) have been able to order fibre from various ISP's and it is now physically installed, I spoke to these neighbours about it, so how have they been able to do this?

We have to be off the same cabinet because up until now none of the houses have been able to upgrade, so the fact the Openreach engineers upgraded the cabinet on our road and now several houses can is no coincidence.

I think I need someone to tell me what is different about my number to that of one of my neighbours who does have it and also if my situation will ever change.

thanks, Mark.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: 2 Houses 50 yds apart - INFNITY available to 1, not other!!!

Go to solution

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution
If you use this checker it will tell what cabinet you are on and what services it can receive.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If it does not show a cabinet number it will be because you are on an Exchange Only line which will mean you can not get Infinity because you are not connected to a cabinet, instead you are connected directly to the exchange.
0 Ratings
markthom
Contributor
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution
That site is a great help john46 although i am not sure what it means, maybe someone knows? Both my number and a neighbours who has infinity are off the same exchange and cabinet, the difference in the results are that my neighbour has FTTC Range A&B where as i do not!

MARK.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Can you post both results?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
markthom
Contributor
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Apologies, here they are with numbers removed.

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Please can you delete both phone numbers as this is a public forum

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

That is odd.  Mods will post a contact us link and see if they can help. 

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Hi markthom,

If you click on my username you will be able to see the contact the mods link. Please send us over your BT account info and we'll look into this for you.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
markthom
Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

A big thanks to the moderators on this forum and specifically Adrian who contacted me in person and who followed this issue up with Openreach, as a result of their actions I can now see on dslchecker that fibre is available on my telephone line and I can now place a BT Infinity order on BT.com Heart

thanks for all your help, Mark.

0 Ratings