cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

2022 Says it all realy

Go to solution

2022 this is complete rubbish, ever feel like your community has been forgotten about? So by 2026 copper is supposed to be removed, what happens to us on copper exchanges that show know plans for upgrade in the next 10 years? We already have to put up with rubbish speeds and high latency for extortionate prices. No future of getting anything better. Feels like people like us have been left in the stone ages. 

adsl.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: 2022 Says it all realy

Go to solution

I feel the same way. I live in a large northern town, more or less central and there are no plans to upgrade the local exchange. Very disappointing. 

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

@Chris413 

it is not copper connections that are being remove by 2025 but PSTN which affect ability to make/receive calls over existing copper phone line but you will still  continue to be able to get broadband over copper just like now

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

There are many network operators currently installing fibre networks across the UK , BT use Openreach , Openreach have the biggest currently available network and are building out faster than everyone else , but obviously it takes time and some places will get FTTP from OR later than others….BT Consumer have no say in where OR deploy FTTP geographically, and the order in which they serve particular areas, this forum is for BT Consumer customers , not Openreach 

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

The reason I posted is that it's a consideration the next time my contract is up. I've been loyal to BT for over 30 years and had cable available to me for the majority of that time. The fact I'm still stuck on a slow copper connection is a source of frustration, even though it may not be BT's fault directly.

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

There are over 28 Million Homes in the U.K. with hundreds more being Built everyday plus about 6 Million Business Premises.

Openreach, the Network Provider BT/EE obviously use are building a National FTTP Network as quickly as possible but their Engineers, Technicians or whatever you want to call them are exactly that, they’re not Magicians, they can’t simply Magic it into existence overnight.

Being a Loyal Customer to BT isn’t going to make Openreach build FTTP in your area any faster, I can promise you that.