cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 61 of 70

Re: 21CN available at exchange for years, Fibre accepting orders but I'm stuck on 20CN

Wholesale will not act unless your speed drops below the minimum acceptable speed which in your case is .6mb
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 62 of 70

Re: 21CN available at exchange for years, Fibre accepting orders but I'm stuck on 20CN

also congestion will be affecting all ISP's that use the Wholesale network which is all ISP's except LLU ones or a cable operator
0 Ratings
Md0h
Contributor
Message 63 of 70

Hello everyone.

I've been on fast profiling for a couple of weeks now and pings have been vastly improved. I can now see pings between 20-50ms instead of 70-100ms. Good news.

I still have to overide BTs SNR profiling however as they it is up at 12db for some reason.  I have it set to 4db 24 hours a day with no drops so god knows why its set to 12.

Anyway,

On the subject of not being about to place an order for ADSL2+ (21CN) I have taken it upon myself to do some door knocking in my street as it turns out with a quick WI-FI scan several people also have BT broadband.  I don't often use WI-FI in my house as I use desktop rigs and only use my laptop when out at work.

To my shock most of the people in my street are on ADSL2+ and seem to get much better rates than me!  Including my downstairs neighbour!  I live in a one up one down.

I think it might be time for a BT engineer visit as there is definitely something fishy going on.  If someone on the same street in the exact same location is getting superior service!

During the times of 5pm to 9pm my broadband is down to arround 300kbps but downstairs at the same time has 3-4Mbps and rises to 7-8Mbps outside peak Hours. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 64 of 70

The mods tried to get you moved to adsl2 before but wholesale did not give them the option. I have asked mods to post the link again and you can see if they will try again for you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Md0h
Contributor
Message 65 of 70

I know they have tried more than once before but changing a setting and having an openreach engineer come look at my phyiscal connection are different things.  Maybe I need to post this request some place else.

Explain how the other BT router thats in the room below me is connected to ADSL2+ on the same exchange and the same Street Cabinet in the same stank outside my front door with the same length of wires as me in the same type of house builtat the same time yet I am on a slower service with no access to ADSL2+.

No one else finds that a bit odd!?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 66 of 70

Openreach engineer will not be able to upgrade your connection without wholesale's agreement

It would be great if wholesale gave a reason for not changing but I think unlikely

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Md0h
Contributor
Message 67 of 70

But the surely should be able to give me a reason as to why the same building has two very different line performances and check If there is phyiscal damage to my cabling?

It simply not possible to have a difference like this from ground floor to first floor with the same phone/broadband provider without something being physically wrong.  Its like weighing a coin on one side then turning it over and all of a sudden its a gram lighter.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 68 of 70

If there was damage to your cabling then you would be having problems with your current connection. The mods should post here just hope they can help

0 Ratings
Message 69 of 70

Hi Md0h,

Thanks for posting.

I'm happy to check this out from here to see if we can get you upgraded.  To get in touch, click on my username and under the "about me" section you'll see the link to "contact the mods".

Cheers

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 70 of 70

let the mods try again for you

An Openreach engineer visit will achieve nothing other than you being charged 129.00 for a visit with no fault to wiring being found
0 Ratings