Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jtcotswolds
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 20

21CN upgrade

I live in a remote Highalnds community and connected to one of the old Exchnage Activate exchnages with a fixed 0.5mb connection (NSSCN)

I understand the 21CN rollout will improve connectivity but cant find out when my exchange will be upgraded

Upgrades of all exchnages is due to be com plete4d late 2018/ early 2019 but no schedule has been published

BT Wholesale's website has an option for public connect...but it errors when submitting any question Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 20

Re: 21CN upgrade

enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number  http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

this will show what is available to you  if your connection speed is that low the change to adsl2 won't help down speed but will help up speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jtcotswolds
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 20

dont think this will help but input my details and got the attached response...

IMG_5429.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 20

sorry but your exchange has not been upgraded for adsl2/2+

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jtcotswolds
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 20

sorry but this has not answered my question..I know the current situation as I have a 512mb connection as the exchange is limited (google exchange activate to find the history of the 150 exchanges)

My question is ' as par tof the 21cn WBC upgrade project which I uydenrstand has now slipped to complete in early 2019, when will my exchange be upgraded and (bonus question!) what impact will it have on my broadband connectivity?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 20

only openreach can answer when your exchange will be upgraded to adsl2.  When that happens you may get notified as some do or as others have done come to the forum and received mod assistance to get upgraded  this may mean agreeing a new contract but mods advise you.

if you have a fixed 0.5mb connection your exchange has adslmax available now and depending on distnace from the exchange would give a conenction speed up to 8mb

can you post stats from your hub/router please

https://availability.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/NSSCN

0 Ratings
jtcotswolds
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 20

I've got a BT HH4 which deosnt make it easy to find the stats

Best I can provide is attached - is there any way I can provide the 'traditional' set of data for noise margin, line attenuation etc?

Screen Shot 2018-06-11 at 15.59.26.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 20

can you try that please 

From the top Menu > Troubleshooting
> Helpdesk
> Bandwidth

0 Ratings
jtcotswolds
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 20

thanks for your patience...see attached

Screen Shot 2018-06-11 at 16.34.59.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 20

what happened back in 2015 as I was checking your previous posts and a mod offered to help see if you could move to adslmax then

It certainly looks like you would benefit with the very high noise margin from previous stats

0 Ratings