Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
G_man86
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

6pm and the latency spikes. 10pm and the internet becomes unusable EVERY NIGHT

Had this problem for the last three weeks and it is just getting more and more frustrating to stick with BT

EVERY evening at 6pm on the dot the internet grinds to a halt and the latency shoots upto the 500~ mark and continues to fluctuates from 500 to 100 every few seconds. This continues until 10pm on the dot when it gets even worse, latency shoots upto 2k, websites seem to not respond for 10~ seconds, gaming is impossible, steaming is a no go. And its the same EVERY night

I have no issues during the day. I can skype clients, use the internet etc with no issue... but as soon as it hits 6 or 10 the internet dies. I very much doubt it is congestion as its only been an issue over the last few weeks and it fluctuates rather then a constant performance hit. Its a rural area and half the oldies are in bed by 10.

Running the speedtest just shows what I know
U: 2.15
😧 0.38
L: 538.88

Still using my old homehub, performance loss is the same whether im on laptop, macbook, tablet, phone or PC.

I have swapped over microfilters etc double checked router settings and the only thing I can see it being is BT are doing a poor job of throttling the internet at 'peak' times.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: 6pm and the latency spikes. 10pm and the internet becomes unusable EVERY NIGHT

Hi Welcome to the community forums
Here is a basic guide to getting help from the community members done by CL Keith Please read through the link posted http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/first_steps.html
once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more

if using a hub 4 locate these lines located in the hub logs
Lines should look like this
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.460000) DSL noise margin: 7.00 dB upstream, 6.10 dB downstream
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.390000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 288 Kbps downstream

Thank You
This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: 6pm and the latency spikes. 10pm and the internet becomes unusable EVERY NIGHT

BT do not throttle connections
0 Ratings