Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
fosterl2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

ADSL 2+ / G.992.5

Go to solution

Has ADSL 2+ / G.992.5 been "formailised" into a BT ADSL product that can be ordered through the normal channels?

I have an ADSL max sevice that is delivered through the Woolverstone exchange, that is FTTC enabled, but unfortunately the house is an Exchange Only line and does not go through a cabinet. There is therefore zero chance of having an Infinity connection, but getting to ADSL2+ would be a vast improvement. The property is just under 2km from the exchange, and the DSL checker shows :DPLdsl.png

A while back, it was possible to get on to ADSL2+ through this forum, is that still the case, or can I simply order it through the normal sales channel, if so, what product name am I looking for?

TIA

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: ADSL 2+ / G.992.5

Go to solution

Can you post the stats from your router and then can see if forum mods can help you get upgraded

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
fosterl2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Hopefully, the following are the stats needed:

HelpDesk.png

EventLog.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Connection looks good. Mods will try and get you upgraded to adsl2. They will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @fosterl2,

I'll be able to take a look at your connection. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB 

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
fosterl2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution
Not wanting to rush anything, but just wanted to confirm that I sent the email as requested, but do not seem to have any acknowledgment that it arrived!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

You should got a ref number provided you completed the contact mod form and did not just send a PM as mods don't respond to PM. It can also take 2/3 days for mods to get back to you when your form reaches top of inbox

fosterl2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution
Yes, I completed the email form. Perhaps there was a number on the screen after I pressed the submit button, but not an email. No worries, more than happy to give it a few more days.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @fosterl2,

I tried calling you. Can you check it for me today please? Let me know if you are happy to close everything Smiley Very Happy

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the thumbs up next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
fosterl2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution
Absolutely brilliant. D/s now 16Mbps and u/s 800k.
I did get an email through the system saying that exchange had been upgraded. Does this mean my neighbours have also been done? When they hear about our speed, thay will also be wantong an upgrade!
Many thanks for everyone's efforts.
0 Ratings