cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

ADSL Broadband Dropping... Slow speeds... Clarification please..?

Good afternoon.

Having tried to get an answer from BT and failing miserably i thought I'd see if anyone could throw a little light here.

Had 3 Openreach visits, upgraded HH4 to HH5, new drop wire to property, new master socket faceplate.

Countless line tests.

But my HH5 is still dropping out with an alarming degree of regularity. AT best is stays connected for about an hour... At worst, constant disconnects every 2-3 mins.

Suggestions of Rein interference by OR engineer on May 23rd - but nothing done by BT to investigate.

Issue has been escalated to Case Management Team but inspite of promised call following up engineer visit yesterday, nothing yet today.

I've done some investigation into the logs on my HH5 and see that the following TR069 coincides with the drop outs...

Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 16.15.38.png

I understand this is my router talking to BT to faciliate updates - and yet my firmware shows last updated July 15..?

This morning, I had some different TR069 logs with no errors... see below:

Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 16.17.24.png

So my question is this...

Are these a result of the drop out / lost connections? Or are these 4 Value Change event codes the cause of the drop outs?

Reading a lot about the HH5 not being very stable...

It appears there is no one on the end of a phone line at BT who either knows an answer - or is prepared to discuss with me so would be grateful if anyone here has any bright ideas?

Intending to take the Smarthub from my office home this evening to try and see if that is more stable...

Thanks for any assistance

Rob

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: ADSL Broadband Dropping... Slow speeds... Clarification please..?

just passing data from your hub to BT servers usage figures etc.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

Hi @RobC223 and welcome.

I'm sorry you're having problems with the connection dropping. is it dropping on a wired or wireless connection? Are you connected to an extension or via adaptors? Is there any noise on the line? Can you try a quiet line test by connecting the phone directly to the test socket behind the master faceplate and dial 17070 option 2. If you can give us as much detail as possible we'll be happy to lend a hand.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for your reply David

As I said, had three Open Readh visits and all tests done. I'm running into the master socket (renewed recently) - broadband drops on wired and wireless. Engineer did quiet tests...

since the second TR069 snippet this morning the connection has been stable and been connected for almost 16 hours... longer than it has been for 3 weeks.

im just trying to ascertain if those events in the log are the route of the problem. 

thanks

Rob

0 Ratings