Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dominice
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

ADSL G.dmt to ADSL2+ modulation change

Hi,

Hopefully someone can shed some light on what I need to actually ask BT to get this resolved, as their customer care is beyond incompetent.

Basically we have an issue with an ADSL connection and the speed fluctuating (going between 0 and 8mb quite rapidly and then dropping out), however, we're in a town centre and pretty much on top of the cabinet.

After the first two hour call, I got through to an advanced technical support team who said the issue would more than likely resolve itself if we moved to BT's new 21CN network and got the full ADSL2+ speed and not the ADSL G.DMT speed we're getting at the moment. I know we're on the old network and not ADSL2+ because that's what the router says the modulation rate is.

I thought two hours was bad enough, however as the technical assistant couldn't force our line to the new ADSL2+ we then got passed to sales, then back to technical and round.. and round.. and round.. for a further three hours while someone tried to work out what was going on.

From what I can gather, sales say our account is on ADSL 2+, however technical (and what is actually happening) is on the old G.dmt network. Therefore there needs to be some alignment between the two systems to actually get us correctly onto the ADSL2+.

I've been told it's order management who would ultimately do this, however they're now saying it's technical.

BT has to be the worst company for actually know what's going on - there doesn't seem to be a single person who can take control and sort it.  There's always another department to fob you off to.

If someone can shed some light onto how I get this resolved, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: ADSL G.dmt to ADSL2+ modulation change

I have asked a forum moderator to help you they will post their contact link here
Message 3 of 11

Hi @dominice,

It sounds as if our records shows we ordered ADSL2+ for you but BT Wholesale, our suppliers, have kept you on ADSL Max. Some of the people you've spoken with seem to only check our systems instead of contacting our suppliers to make sure all is matching. This is something that I, or any of the mod team, can do. You can reach us by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
dominice
Beginner
Message 4 of 11

Hi @DanielS

Thanks for the reply.

I've raised a contact request, hopefully they'll be able to review where the issue has occured.

Thanks,

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

You are very welcome @dominice.

It's taking about 5-6 working days for a reply but we will be able to look into it for you.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
dominice
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

Hi @DanielS,

I posted the message over on the 14th, 7 working days ago now, are you able to confirm it was received?

Thanks,

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

the mods are very busy at the moment you would have received a tracking reference as soon as you sent the contact the mods form
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Hi @dominice,

I had a look and can see that we've received your details. The telephone number for your Broadband account seems to be linked to a Business account and your email has been sent to the business team to deal.

Unfortunately the forum moderation team are only able to deal with residential account.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
dominice
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

Great, so I'm no further forward two weeks later then.

How do you propose I actually get this sorted as it seems no one at BT is able to.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

your information has been passed to the Business team and they will contact you and resolve your problem this forum is for residential customers only
0 Ratings