cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blatcho
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 48

Re: ADSL Max, extremely slow following phone fault (0.1Mb download at best)

Go to solution
I took the face plate off the SSFP earlier, and can only plug-in a phone-line cable, not ADSL cable, into the socket - so do I need to attach a micro-filter in order to do so?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 48

Go to solution

Yes you need to connect filter to test socket then modem cable to router

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Blatcho
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 48

Go to solution
OK thanks, I've set that up, guess we'll see how we go!

Could you shed any light as to the potential reasons why this profile has hit rock bottom (if it is indeed the issue)? The BT Fault tracker still lists the BT Retail Servers as having the problem, but I'm guessing this is a fairly generic status for the layman consumer..?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 48

Go to solution
The drops in connection have resulted in your connection speed dropping resulting in low profile. Your connection then resets again with connection speed returning to normal but profile is still at previous level. It then takes 3/5 days fir profile to recover. However people with the max connection speed sometimes find the profile gets stuck at 2mb and neeeds mod help to get it back to correct figure

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Blatcho
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 48

Go to solution

Morning all,

I'll post updates when I can, this mornings results (no change yet) - next test, this evening!

Download speedachieved during the test was - 0.11 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.05 Mbps-0.25 Mbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :3.68 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 0.14 Mbps

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 48

Go to solution

more likely to 3+ days but no harm in posting test results

Blatcho
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 48

Go to solution

I'm guessing I should see incremental results though over time? If we're talking, say, 5 days (120 hours), then I should see a 10-20 Kb increase on average over time? 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 48

Go to solution

it will change in one jump not in small amounts

Blatcho
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 48

Go to solution

OK, well here's hoping!

Our broadband has been dropping out fairly consistently over the past few months, usually during the night after 11pm ish - I'm guessing this is to do with the work they are performing at our local exchange, getting it fibre ready. On this basis, how do we mitigate against this, will our IP profile keep dropping if broadband keeps cutting out?

It seems odd that BT can't force push this change down the line, i'm sure they could make a change server-side to manually increase my IP profile? However, i'm hesitant to mention anything so technical to the people I've spoken to thus far...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 48

Go to solution

the changes for fibre/infinity should have no effect on your adsl caoonetion as different equipment.  you profile can ne manually reset but the mods are reluctant as in your case if you maintain connection 24/7 for 3.5 days your profile will correct itself automatically