cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 31 of 48

Re: ADSL Max, extremely slow following phone fault (0.1Mb download at best)

Go to solution
re starting your hub multiple times will cause more problems than solved
0 Ratings
Blatcho
Aspiring Contributor
Message 32 of 48

Go to solution

..ok, that tells me what not to do, so what's the solution? Would my Hub rectify over-time, resetting the connection speed/IP Profile automatically?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 33 of 48

Go to solution

As i said already just maintain connection 24/7 for 3/5 days and your profile will correct itself sutomatically

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Blatcho
Aspiring Contributor
Message 34 of 48

Go to solution

Thanks, I understand the need to wait, totally get that - what I'm trying to suss out is, if my connection speed falls to below 0.5 and my IP Profile subsequently drops, what do I do?

On the one hand, restarting my Hub was the only way to reset the connection speed (from 0.3 up to 4.3), but you also mention that restarting often is a bad thing...if the Hub/line/exchange don't automatically re-assess connection speed and adjust accordingly, then I have to restart the Hub on a regular basis!?

Regardless, I've got VFast coming round next week to see if I can get satellite broadband; latency might be a bit higher, but @ 24 mbps I'm not fussy!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 35 of 48

Go to solution

if your connection speed drops to say 0.5mb then you have a noise problem with your line and first thing would be quiet line test to check for noise.

If you must reset your connection for whatever reason then I would suggest about midday as that is normally when your noise margin is at highest giving best chance of getting a good connection speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Blatcho
Aspiring Contributor
Message 36 of 48

Go to solution

Ahhhh! DSL Connection Rate has dropped again, to 0.61 this time - this sucks.

Download speedachieved during the test was - 0.32 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.05 Mbps-0.5 Mbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :0.61 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 0.5 Mbps

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 37 of 48

Go to solution

is there any noise on quiet line test?  you by chance get a phone call or make a call and broadband dropped?

are you connected to test socket?

0 Ratings
Blatcho
Aspiring Contributor
Message 38 of 48

Go to solution

No noise on the quiet line test, and no disruption to service when using the phone - yes connected to the test socket (since last night).

Around 11pm last night, broadband dropped - this has been a fairly regular occurrence. I have seen a lot of BT vans at our local cabinet, although there doesn't appear to be any problems in the area (checking the service status). I wonder whether its work prepping the exchanges for infinity, which is rolling out in our area.

I think honestly it's part of rural living - we're the last house on the cable connection, about 1.5km from the cabinet.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 39 of 48

Go to solution

the changes for fibre at the exchange should not affect your adsl connection as totally different equipment

0 Ratings
Blatcho
Aspiring Contributor
Message 40 of 48

Go to solution

The plot thickens...

0 Ratings