cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scopy
Message 1 of 9

ADSL Max to ADSL2+ Regrade

Go to solution
Hi Guys I have just migrated my BB and phone to BT from Sky, this went live without issue on Monday. The issue I am having is that I have been put on an ADSL MAX service when I know ADSL2+ was enabled on my line as of 17/03/16 this is also confirmed by the BT Wholesale Checker. I have spoken to tech support (via online chat) and they have insisted I talk to sales as an upgrade order needs to be raised. I have my doubts that talking to sales is going to resolve the issue and after reading on the forums here I understand the mods are normally able to help? I have a home hub 4 so can’t get much in the way of stats but I can see from the logs: SNR (Downstream) of 9.30dB SNR (Up) 27.00dB Sync Rate Of: 8128Kbps Down Sync Rate Of: 448 Kbps Up I do have a record of my Line Attenuation from my previous Sky router which was 34.5dB And the BT Wholesale speed checker show I have an IP profile of 7150 The Exchange I am on is "Market 1" so no LLU services are available hence when I was with Sky I was on a WBC product. After the exchange work in March (whilst still on Sky) I had a sync of around 13Mb and managed up to 10Mb throughput that said I did have horrendous contention issues with throughput down to 0.6 to 1.5Mb for most of the day. Since moving to BT I don't have any contention issues and mange 7Mb throughput irrespective of the time of day. Of cause if moving to ADSL2+ will mean the return of the contention issues I would rather not bother but I as the issues were present even when on the ADSL MAX service from Sky I believe them to be isolated to Sky lack of provisioned bandwidth. What do you guys think is the best course of action? Any help would be gratefully received 🙂
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: ADSL Max to ADSL2+ Regrade

Go to solution

If your exchange is upgraded to 21cn then I would upgrade to adsl2/2+. The mods here can help and will post a contact us link. At present they are very busy so it can take about 7working days for mods to contact you after you complete the email following the contact us link. 

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 5/7 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Can you try and upgrade to adsl2

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Scopy
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Excllent, thanks for the advice imjolly.

I'll hang fire for a mod to post a contact us link 

Thanks again 🙂

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Will be tomorrow morning now

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @Scopy,

I'll be able to take a look at your connection. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Scopy
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks Paddy 🙂

I have filled out the form.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Thank you @Scopy,

There are a few cases a head of you in the queue so in might be a few days before we can respond. but we will reply as soon as we can.

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @Scopy,

I'm glad I was able to get this order placed for you. 10meg is a great result Smiley Wink. Post back if you have any other problems. 

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings