Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

ADSL Upstream stuck after line repair 20 days ago

Go to solution

Hi,

ADSL - Home Hub 4 - EO line.

we had our phone line repaired by an engineer 20 days ago after a tree rubbed through the cable causing badly crackling line.  Understandably, we had numerous disconnects before the repair, eventually leading to speed reduction.

Phone line is much better now (thanks!) and our download speed recovered on the first night.  Our upload speed seems to be stuck at about a third of normal, with high noise margin of 27dB. We have had no unexpected disconnects since the repair.  The last disconnect almost 10 days ago was a restart triggered by the BT Fault diagnosis website, which unfortunately did not improve the situation.

Could someone please have a look and perhaps reset DLM?  Connection is completely stable now and we are about to hit 10 days continuously connected. 

I don't know how to give you my phone number, but I am posting this using the connection in question if that helps.

Thankshubstats.pnghubWANlog.png

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: ADSL Upstream stuck after line repair 20 days ago

Go to solution

@JandJ1 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Disconnect the broadband input for about 20 seconds, and when you reconnect it, the upstream sync rate should correct itself provided there is no noise on your phone line, even a slight crackle can affect the upload connection speed.

Its quite common on an ADSL connection, for a line disturbance to affect the upload connection speed.

Message 3 of 11

Go to solution
Thanks for the fast reply.

Sorry, should have said that we tried that in the first 10 days, including unplug/replug both ends of cable. Bit reluctant to do it now as I understand mods will want to see X days of continuous connection before granting any resets?

No crackle on quiet line test.
Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

@JandJ1 

Its up to you, but a single clean disconnection normally restores the upstream speed. Unfortunately the BT line test is not "clean" as its operates a number of relays in the exchange, which generates a lot of electrical  noise.

If that single disconnect does not restore the upload speed, then I will ask a moderator to initiate a reset.

Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks, Keith.

Just attempted a single disconnect/ 20s /reconnect with no improvement unfortunately.  

Thanks

hublog2.png

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

@JandJ1 

I will ask a moderator to help.

Bear in mind that there could still be an issue with poor line balance which can introduce low frequency noise which would affect the upstream performance, so a reset may not help.

Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Duly noted - thanks again.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @JandJ1 I'm sorry about the problems with your upload speed after the recent fault with your line. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to help.

Neil

Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks for letting me know we got this sorted @JandJ1 .

Let me know if you have any other problems and I'll be happy to help.

All the best

David

Message 10 of 11

Go to solution
Thanks @Keith_Beddoe @NeilO and @DavidM. All seeming much better now. Much appreciated!
0 Ratings