Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

ADSL is still down...

Go to solution

Hello

I have two broadband lines to my house (due to the reason I live in quite remote part) - Two lines just went down last Friday morning 20th September at the same time. Went to check BT Status page and it is showing that my village has telephone/broadband outage and my nearest neighbour's telephone was down as well on the same day.

However, one of two lines went back to normal last Monday and on BT Status page, my village has disappeared from the list as the estimated repair date was yesterday. But my 2nd line is still down to this day, rebooted modem but to no avail.

I have already arranged a BT engineer appointment this morning for next Monday but I feel that this could have been resolved easily at the exchange as my issue was caused by service outage, not at my property.

Just checking with you whether an engineer appointment is still needed.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: ADSL is still down...

Go to solution

Ah well, I tried 1st modem on 2nd line and it worked.  Seems that 2nd modem was "borked" somehow at the same time as BT broadband outage!

Need to cancel BT Engineer appointment if BT fault tracking webpage works! Loading...loading...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @barnettgs 

Thanks for your posts.

I'm really sorry to see that there was an outage in your area recently.  How did you get on cancelling the engineer's appointment that was booked for tomorrow?

Please post back and let me know if you should need a hand with anything else.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Yes, I have got it cancelled  via BT's online chat support so all is well. Thanks 👍

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for getting back to let us know you got it sorted @barnettgs . Appreciate you taking time to do that. Post back if you have any other problems.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings