Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Horatio2
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

ADSL not syncing

Go to solution

How do I get an engineer to fix a broadband fault without going through the call centre. My mother has had a broadband fault since 12 December.

I live 150 miles away and she is elderly.  An engineer has been to the house and tracked the fault to a lack of sync at the exchange. Another engineer seemed to fix the problem for 24 hours and now the hub is again showing blue to green to orange and back to blue. I have got through remotely once in the last week.

Either the problem is with the new hub (many complaints on the forum about it) or with the old copper network not syncing with the new fast fibre.

The call centre think the problem is fixed as their remote diagnostics cannot see the problem so around and around we go. I just need to have someone to see there is a problem and send the right equipment/personnel to fix it?

How?

Rant over. Thank you for any help.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: ADSL not syncing

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Horatio2
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Many thanks.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for getting in touch @Horatio2.

I'm sorry to hear about the problems with your Mum's service. I've sent you a private message to help going forward.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the thumbs up next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Horatio2
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you to all.

We reconnected the old hub and we now seem to have service.

Will run it for a few days and see what happens.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Horatio2

Thanks for taking the time to chat with me again today.

I'm pleased that your Mum's broadband is performing much better now.  Looks like changing the Hub has done the trick.  Sorry that this issue went on for so long.

As agreed, I'll go ahead and close things off from here.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings