Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 14

Re: ADSL speed and internal wiring

@bds38 wrote:
It seems to be fluctuating. I am getting a constant 16-16.5mbps. But not 19mbps - I have never attained that speed.

your router stats shows 19mb connection speed not download speed 

6. Data Rate: 1059 / 19159

BT or any ISP do not guarantee download speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
bds38
Contributor
Message 12 of 14

Oh of course - up to 19Mbps.

Interestingly if I try to upgrade my broadband, I am currently on "Up to 17Mb" but can upgrade it to "Up to 21Mb". Not sure if that would actually do anything mind.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 14

from your stats you posted you are already reaching your max attainable speed so like it says - you are already getting 'up to' 21mb with your current connection at 19mb

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
bds38
Contributor
Message 14 of 14

Good point. 

Given that the speed has been jumping around for the last 12 days it may even get faster on its own. 

On TalkTalk we had 7.5Mbps so to have jumped to 16.5 is a massive speed increase for us. I don't quite know why TalkTalk were so much slower considering the line hasn't been replaced but it could have been the swap over at the exchange?

I am still going to try and persue getting FTTP but at least I can now work from home and my son isn't constantly whining about not being able to play his games. 

Thanks for all the information and support - you guys are not all paid by BT I assume so kudos to everyone that has given up their own time and helped - you are all awesome 🙂