cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snb7x
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

ADSL2 or ADSL2+

Live close to city in North Ireland (3 miles) and 1.7m from village fibre cabinet but caught in the policitics of Govt vs BT 

told ADSL2 is a 100% solution to improve my speeds from 1.5-3mbps to double this. (Barely acceptable in modern world I know I know ! 

how / who do I talk to at BT about how to understand and progress to faster better ADSL2/2+ speeds 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: ADSL2 or ADSL2+

are you a bt broadband customer?

try entering your phone number and post results  https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
snb7x
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

C54A2790-9AAB-4FFC-8FB7-00CA9AFA88E3.jpeg

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

please delete your phone number as this is public forum and you may more sales calls than you can handle

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

as you can see from checker you have a connection speed of 1.92mb and upgrading to adsl2 may get you 2/2.5mb but will give you a 100% increase in up speed

can you post hub stats

0 Ratings
snb7x
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Wouldn’t know how to post hub stats 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

just select which hub you are using   https://kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.php

0 Ratings