Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 61 of 71

Re: Actual Speed versus Contract Speed

Go to solution

Hopefully @JohnC2 will check back and see my post and then help make changes to your connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Message 62 of 71

Go to solution

Hi @lyn6 Thanks for posting that information back and cheers to you @imjolly 😉 I've placed the order to make those adjustments to the profile and they will complete within 24hrs. 

Cheers

John

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 63 of 71

Go to solution

The adjustments have all been done and I'm now up to the heady speed of 6.2mbps. This may not sound much to some but as I had less than 1mbps a week ago and was only ever promised 8mbps by BT in this area, this is a good result. 
You guys really are amazing and I can't thank @imjolly & @JohnC2 enough for your help and patience getting this sorted. Heart

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 64 of 71

Go to solution

Thanks

did you up speed increase as well like expected?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 65 of 71

Go to solution

@imjolly I've gone from less than 1mbps last week to 6.2 this week. BT only ever promised 8mbps so I'm not sure what to expect??? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 66 of 71

Go to solution

I was hoping the up speed would increase to somewhere 0.8/1mb. As you say your have seen a great improvement in your down speed with mod help

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 67 of 71

Go to solution

@JohnC2 sorry I missed you again. I've texted to close the case as  beleive you've done everything you can for now. If speed drops significantly again then I'll start a new case. Once again thank for you time & patience 

0 Ratings
Message 68 of 71

Go to solution

Hi @lyn6 Thanks for posting back and sorry for the problems when trying to speak with you on Thursday. I will close the case off and hopefully there will be no significant drop in speed in the future. 🙂

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 69 of 71

Go to solution

Just a quick update...................... I've given up!!!! Speed is back below 5mbps (mostly below 4mbps) so I'm ditching ADSL for fibre - kind of think that was what BT wanted all along. Thanks again to you all for your help and sorry I've not been able to stick with it. 

xxx

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 70 of 71

Go to solution

You must be quite close to the cabinet, so you should get maximum speed on BT Infinity 1, and 2.

ADSL can be a bit variable when you are a long distance from the exchange, which is why FTTC was installed.

0 Ratings