Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 31 of 71

Re: Actual Speed versus Contract Speed

Go to solution

@XRaySpeX wrote:

@imjolly: Yes, I'd go by the attenuation rather than the BTw Checker.

Yes, at the current attenuation, 41.5 dB, ADSL2+ will give 8-9 Meg, but generally going from ADSL Max to ADSL2+ the attenuation increases by 3 dB. So I'm saying about 7 Meg.

I didn't find that my attenuation increased by 3db more like 1db when I moved from adslm to adsl2 - others show little difference

really a matter of wait and see - but will be faster than current speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
lyn6
Contributor
Message 32 of 71

Go to solution

I thought I'd pop an update on here.

Friday evening (17th) I had a call from the off shore tech guys who I had been speaking to for a couple of weeks prior to me posting on here.

The lady checked my landline as that is a bit 'buzzy' and reckoned that there was no problem. After, and while, she was doing this the hub was flashing orange / red and back to blue a few times. When it settled I was getting speed of nearly 6mbps for the rest of the evening and the following morning but now it has dropped back to under 3mbps again last night and this morning. 
As they were finding no problem in the exchange she suggested an engineer visit to check inside the property. Obviously this will cost if there is a fault but if will be worth it if it gets sorted. 

But............................. I'm confused by the huge increase in speed after they've been fiddling and to my simple mind this points to a fault elsewhere rather than in the property? 
(I've not heard from the forum tech guys yet but it is early days so wouldn't expect to)

Any thoughts please?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 33 of 71

Go to solution

mods will get back to you when your form gets o top of inbox  probably 3/5days

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
lyn6
Contributor
Message 34 of 71

Go to solution

Not chasing the mods I promise 🙂 
Just after a bit of feedback on latest events
Thank @imjolly

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 71

Go to solution

Hi @lyn6 I see you're next in the queue so one of the mod team will be in touch today. 

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 71

Go to solution

Hi @lyn6 I called earlier and left a brief message for you.

I just wanted to let you know that I have placed the order to upgrade to ADSL2+ and this will complete on the 21st. 

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
lyn6
Contributor
Message 37 of 71

Go to solution

Thanks @NeilO

@JohnC2 - sorry I missed your message. Speak Wednesday

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 71

Go to solution

Hi @lyn6 Thanks for speaking with me earlier and just to confirm that the order has now completed to move you to ADSL2. as agreed check the connection and post and updates and I will be back in touch on Monday.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
lyn6
Contributor
Message 39 of 71

Go to solution

Thanks @JohnC2

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 40 of 71

Go to solution

@lyn6

Look forward to seeing new stats since upgrade 

0 Ratings