Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lyn6
Contributor
Message 41 of 71

Re: Actual Speed versus Contract Speed

Go to solution

I m absolutely raging. I've spentt all moring waiting for engineer to arrive, Just gone online to see if there is a status report and this is what I find. ..................

Progress

Reported Fault
Problem

Broadband - Slow Connection

Reference number

VOL013-XXXXX

Other products affected

You may also experience problems with other services such as your Landline whilst we fix your fault.

Engineer appointment booked
Problem

Broadband - Slow Connection

Reference number

VOL013-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Estimated arrival

Fri 24 Nov 2017

between 08:00 - 13:00

Fault fixed

Your Broadband problem has now been resolved and no further action is required. However, if you believe this not the case, please get in touch.

Click here toContact us  

Appointment Cancelled

Your appointment has been cancelled.

0 Ratings
Message 42 of 71

Go to solution

Hi @lyn6 Sorry the fault was closed off without the engineer visiting. 

How has the connection been since the change over to ADSL2 completed?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
lyn6
Contributor
Message 43 of 71

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2 Connection has not improved, phone line is really fuzzy for me hearing caller and hub seems to crash at least once a day - lights flashing red and orange before steadyiing. That's why I'm so angry that they've cancelled without telling or discussing it with me. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 44 of 71

Go to solution

are you using the test socket or somewhere else  have you tried quiet line test from test socket?

have you been upgraded to adsl2 yet?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
lyn6
Contributor
Message 45 of 71

Go to solution

Hi @imjolly No I only used the test socket for the test. I've not tried the quiet test as I don't have a corded phone and understood it needed to be used for quiet test? Upgrade to ADSL2 was done on Tuesday so should be starting to settle and improve by now but there is no sign 😞 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 46 of 71

Go to solution

you won't see an improvement if you have line noise

trying quiet line test in test socket or the filter in test socket even with cordless will let you tell if noise is something to do with your internal wiring - still noise in test socket normally means problem outsdie your home but if it disappears then problem with your internal wiring  the latter will be chargeable if fixed by openreach

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
lyn6
Contributor
Message 47 of 71

Go to solution

Hi @imjolly Done quiet line test nd definite irregular intermitent buzzing on the line

0 Ratings
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 48 of 71

Go to solution

Then report it to BT as a voice fault; don't mention BB.

Message 49 of 71

Go to solution

@XRaySpeX Reported fault - it took me 2 attempts as hub crashed when test was being done on line. Results are no fault found. I've booked engineer again for next week. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 50 of 71

Go to solution

Once you get rid of noise on your line you should get the benefit of the upgrade to adsl2