Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DiggerOfTrenches
Contributor
Message 1 of 52

Adsl Max to Adsl2+ Tags SLT Upload Cap

Go to solution
Every time it rains my internet drops. After 26 engineer visits and resorting to fixing the Openrach network for them by laying 273M of 56 Duct. With new cable in place BT were upgrading me from Adsl Max to Adsl2+. My modem is now showing G_992_5_ANNEX_A which is ADSL2+ not G_992_1_ANNEX_A as before. 444 Kbps / 3.03 Mbps 792 / 3276 17.6 dB / 6 dB 62.5 dB 38.4 dB / 62.5 dB The 792 is upload sync the 444 is my 'cap'. It would seam that if you have a residential contract you get 444 Business you get, at my house, 700 ish. The problem is all my neighbors get 700 ish they all have residential contracts. We are all connected to same DP and all lines are exchange only. No cabinet per say. I got this from BT case management on 18/04/19 :- I appreciate this has been a drawn out proves for which I apologise. As I explained we don’t cap lines for contractual reasons. We deliver the fastest speed the line will achieve while being stable. We don’t guarantee any upload speed, only download. The minimum guaranteed download speed for your line is 1000 KBPS and latest data indicated it running a 3000. The previous case manager and the Openreach engineers have said that once the cable changeover was completed you could be put on a different package which would deliver higher speeds. What was being suggested was changing the Service Line Type. This is the type of technology which supplies the broadband at the exchange. Your SLT is up to 8000 kbps which is the maximum the exchange can deliver on this type of technology. According to our records this is the only technology available in your area and only SLT available to you is the current one. I have raised a query with BT Wholesale to check that our records are correct and see if a faster SLT is available. I’ll let you know the outcome. I have also had openreach here for two hours trying to sort this out. There was mention of a tag on my line that said/set to 8. For Adsl2+ this tag should be 24. I've heard of tags in context of debts and isp squabbles. Is my 8 Tag like a blacklist to warn isps the line is severely impacted? The tags are BT speak once openreach translated this to there acronym my 'tag' was changed from 8 to 24. This according to BT would allow them to up my 'slt' from 8000 to (i guess) 24000. I've been on Adsl2+ for two weeks now. Anyone got any more info on tags, slt and upload caps. Also Openreach describe my present situation is due to being on the wrong product? What does that mean? Are we all talking about the same 'thing' but everyone is using a different language? I believe this is a job for the mods. Can you reach out please.
0 Ratings
51 REPLIES 51
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 52

Re: Adsl Max to Adsl2+ Tags SLT Upload Cap

Go to solution

assuming you are a BT broadband customer can you post you conenction stats from your hub please

can you enter your phone number and post resulst to see what estimated range is expected  https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
DiggerOfTrenches
Contributor
Message 3 of 52

Go to solution

BTDslCheck.jpg

As requested

0 Ratings
DiggerOfTrenches
Contributor
Message 4 of 52

Go to solution

RouterStats.jpg

As requested. Most of this info is in origonal post. Please no one ask me to pull master socket and use filter. No internal wiring either.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 52

Go to solution

according to the dslchecker you are connected to cab 1 not EO

router stats?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
DiggerOfTrenches
Contributor
Message 6 of 52

Go to solution

This might hepl as well.

EVlog.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 52

Go to solution

you really are on a long line probably close 5km to exchange

connection time is very short was that manual reset or router dropping conenction?

0 Ratings
DiggerOfTrenches
Contributor
Message 8 of 52

Go to solution

It's raining. Line has only dropped once. Fingers crossed.

0 Ratings
DiggerOfTrenches
Contributor
Message 9 of 52

Go to solution

Just to be clear. It is not help in fixing my dropouts I require. I have direct line to openreach manager if dropouts go above 4 per day. It's my upload 'cap' or SLT whatever it's called I want fixed please. A job for the mods and the mods alone. I appreciate you trying to help. Have you got a direct line to the moderators?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 52

Go to solution

Your dropouts are probably being caused by noise within the upload frequency band, which is why your upload speed has been reduced.

This is reflected in the increased upstream noise margin. This is a particular problem on long lines as they tend to pick up noise in that lower frequency band.

Even if a moderator requested a DLM reset, it would not last, and the upload speed would simply drop again when you get more disconnects.

0 Ratings