Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DiggerOfTrenches
Contributor
Message 11 of 52

Re: Adsl Max to Adsl2+ Tags SLT Upload Cap

Go to solution
It is not a DLM reset I want. I can get that done anytime with my direct line to openreach. Your right it won't fix my problem. My Service Line Type needs raising from 8000 to ?. It's all in my original post. A mod job?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 52

Go to solution

Are you a business customer?

0 Ratings
DiggerOfTrenches
Contributor
Message 13 of 52

Go to solution

No I am not It's in the origonal post. Resedential like all my neighbours they get 0.8-0.8 even the bloke 1km further down the line.

Also I depute the upload noise theory. I have observed on many many occasions the ds snr dropping steadily to 0dB as it starts to rain. On no occasion have I observed the upstream margin budging no more than 1dB. This is an ISP/Wholesale problem. Also when driving round field where I replaced 273m of underground cable it used to do the same. It dosen't now. It is raining real hard now and net still on, this is new would normally have gone off 2 - 3 times by now. This is progress. What is not progressing is my upload speed. Oh BTW Openreach says the line can handle it. A moderators opinion would be appreciated. Also why would case management quote my SLT as the problem if it is not?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 52

Go to solution

I have fed back your comments to a moderator, but I doubt they would be able to help much, on such a long line, unless there is a line fault showing.

0 Ratings
DiggerOfTrenches
Contributor
Message 15 of 52

Go to solution

Thanks for doing that. The fault has been fixed ie underground cable 273m replaced. My line was changed by BT from ADSL Max to ADSL2+ some weeks ago and the case manager who did it went on holiday. As openreach had 'taged' the line at 8Mb my SLT could not be raised above 8000. Openreach have now retaged the line at 24. I am now in deadlock with BT so no case manager any more. This is why I am here. Every other post on this site that I have read with IDENTICAL problems has been successfully sorted every time by a moderator. Openreach could not even reset my line with the 'tags' wrong.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 52

Go to solution

Previous cases where the line has been and may still be unstable  they often ended in up banded speed of 444kbps and was solved by mods getting banding released. As the banding is really controlled by openreach I am not sure why your openreach contact cannot arrange for that to be done

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
DiggerOfTrenches
Contributor
Message 17 of 52

Go to solution
I am 5km from exchange and get 0.4 nextdoor is 6km from exchange they get 0.73.

We are both on adsl2+ my margin 17dB nextdoor 6dB.

Until I replaced 273m of cable, which we both share, both our nets used to go off if it rained.

Nextdoor are really happy with my work as they have not had to lift a finger to get there net fixed.

If only someone would do the same for me!

Recap. Cable replaced. Fault fixed. ADSL2+ upgrade botched. ADSL2+ upgrade needs de-botching.
And yes before you ask. Me and nextdoor both BT Res Customers.

My openreach contact and his boss spent 2 hours in my kitchen trying to sort this out last Wednesday 17/04/19. On 18/04/19 had a call from new case manager because my net had gone off 9 times yesterday. I told him about openreach in my kitchen the day before, he knew nothing of this. He then sent me the email I quoted in my original post and then nothing. I am now in deadlock with BT so extra nothing. This is why I am here and not making coffee for openreach.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 52

Go to solution

Hi @DiggerOfTrenches 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting!

Sorry for the recent connections problems you had when it was raining.  I can appreciate how frustrating that would be.  I understand what you're looking for us to do.  You wouldn't see much of a change in your download speed but may see an increase in the upload speed.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
DiggerOfTrenches
Contributor
Message 19 of 52

Go to solution
Thanks Robbie I've sent PM. If your not too busy could you explain to the others and me in this thread what you understand I am looking for ? And if possible a technical explanation of how you might fix this.
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 52

Go to solution

Hi @DiggerOfTrenches 

Sure thing.

From the stats you've posted, it looks like you're on ADSL2 but there looks to be a cap on your upload speed.  Your download speed is performing in line with what you can expect but there is some potential wiggle room with your upload speed.  We can't promise anything at the moment but we'll happily have a look for you.

Send your details over and we'll get back to you.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings