Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brandscill
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 19

Alternative Modem to HH4

Hello

I've just ordered the unlimited package and wondered if I could use a standard ADSL modem as opposed to the HH4 and then connect this to my own router?

If I can, does anyone have any reccomendations? 

Alternatively has anyone had much luck using the HH4 in a bridged mode to a normal router?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: Alternative Modem to HH4

Welcome to this forum.

The home hubs cannot operate in bridge mode, but there is nothing to stop you using another ADSL modem/router.

0 Ratings
Brandscill
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 19

I can't access that site as I don't yet have BT broadband. How come you've blocked it from other providers?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 19

it is a personal site which belongs to Keith and for use only for BT broadband clients

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Brandscill
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 19

Fair enough, well can you give some idea of the content there as I assume the link was relevant to my original question?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 19

are you getting adsl or fibre?  if adsl then you can use your own modem/router

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Brandscill
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 19

ADSL. Do you have any suggestions for just a modem, no router?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 19

a router is a better option as broadband is an always on service your connection speed will be affected by the modem being turned on and off to often
0 Ratings
Brandscill
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 19

Why would I be turning the modem on and off? I just want a standalone modem that can connect via ethernet to a standard wireless router (that doesn't have the ADSL modem built in)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 19

ok understood now I thought you were using a modem only in that case any modem you like can be used
0 Ratings