cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

An aweful and incompetent service

Ever since we changed to BT, our Internet connection has been utterly aweful (when it exists). Baring in mind BT own the majority of lines in the UK, the service they provide is dire.

We have been paying this company hard earned money to provide us with an internet connection however they just can't seem to do it. Why is that??? If a man bought rotten meat from a butcher they would at the very least be given their money back! We cannot use the service we are paying for!

Our connection is extremely slow however this is the least of our problems. The internet connection CONSTANTLY drops out for hours sometimes days at a time. This is the first time I have been able to use the internet for 3 days. No it has nothing to do with our router and no it has nothing to do with the amount of devices connected to the wifi as your customer services department suggest every simgle time I call. I myself have called 5 times, other members of the family have called multiple times and our IT technician has called twice, and STILL you refuse to admit it is a problem with your line! We are connected to the Frensham exchange and multiple people in our area have similar problems. Why can't you send an engineer to sort it!?

We previously paid Hot Chili for our broadband and changed over to yourselves as the internet was so slow. Baring in mind Hot Chili rent the lines from yourselves, the connection never dropped out. Slow internet is one thing but NO INTERNET when we are paying for it would be considered stealing in any other industry! Why is ot then BT feel its okay to completely ignore our problem!? The customer services department is utterly aweful, with rediculous waiting times and (with all due respect to the pleasent people I am speaking to on the phone) untrained operatives who cannot sort such a problem. This is what happens when you outsource call centers.

I have been told the only way to sort out an issue with BT is by posting on the forums so I hope to god someone emails me with a response.

Untill I get some sort of reply, I will be posting on all forums within the industry to tell people about the aweful service BT provides.

Once again no it has nothing to do with our wifi, it is the line.

PLEASE RESPOND ASAP!
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: An aweful and incompetent service

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

your posts do not go to BT

The lines are owned by openreach and although part of the BT Group they cannot give any preferential treatment to BT Retail your ISP as per OFCOM ruling

So if you want assistance from the forum members please can you post the adsl stats from your router you may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or if HH4/5 then go to troubleshooting then logs and you are looking for 2 line together when hub last connected to internet and they will show your connection speed and noise margin or if netgear enter 192.168.0.1). Then run  btspeedtester  (MAC users may have problems). when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post the results ( do not reset the router).

are you connected directly via a filter to the NTE5 master or test socket or to somewhere else? Is the master the only phone socket in your home?

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

test socket.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

If BT employees are the forum mods then they can see my message and hopefully will respond.

I would post my connection stats but there is nothing anyone can do from the house. The problem lies with the line coming from the exchange.

How can I get BT to send an engineer because they constantly refuse.

Who can I send my grievance to to get some genuine help with a problem with the line??
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

If you read some of the forum posts you will see the number of customers the mods have helped but you need to provide some information about your connection hence my request for stats and how you connect - up to you but I thought you came to a customer help customer forum for help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

If you wish to contact BT Direct and complain then this link tells you how https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact#h=eyJzdGVwMCI6ImNvbnRhY3RJdGVtTGluazU2NDIiLCJzdGVwSWR4IjoxLCJzdG...
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi MadDogHarris,

Welcome and thanks for posting. I’m sure we can help with this but we do need the test results so we can see how the connection / profile is performing. So can you use the link posted by imjolly and post up the results? Once you’ve done that drop me an email with your details. You’ll get the ‘contact us’ link in the about me section of my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings