Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Tonyh10
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 18

Another ADSLMax to ADSL2+ request

Hi, I'm a new BT Unlimited Broadband customer on an exchange that's had ADSL2+ for several months. My previous ISP contract was for ADSLMax only so I'm looking forward to some slight speed improvements, especially upload. However, the Home Hub 4 is connecting with G.992.1 Annex A modulation. I have to say that I'm astounded that I seem to have to come here to get that changed to ADSL2+ (G.992.5 Annexe A modulation), but I'll be grateful for advice on how to achieve that!

Anyway, BTW Speedtest results are:

Download speedachieved during the test was - 5.42 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 2 Mbps-7.15 Mbps.
 IP Profile for your line is - 5.36 Mbps

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.36Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.45 Mbps

HH4 log info:

09:45:22, 09 Feb.( 84.570000) DSL noise margin: 26.00 dB upstream, 6.40 dB downstream
09:45:22, 09 Feb.( 84.500000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 6080 Kbps downstream

The BT Broadband Availability Checker gives:

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

WBC ADSL 2+Up to 4--3 to 7Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 4Up to 0.53 to 7Available
ADSL MaxUp to 3.5--2.5 to 6.5Available
Fixed Rate2 ----Available
Other Offerings
Copper Multicast------Available

Thanks,

Tony

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 18

Re: Another ADSLMax to ADSL2+ request

wholesale have put you on adslmax as your speed will probably not exceed the 8mb adslmax limit.  the mods will post a contact us link and see if they can get you upgraded 

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 18

@Tonyh10 welcome to the forum and thanks for your post about your broadband connection. We'll be happy to check this out for you if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
Tonyh10
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 18

Thanks @, you may well be correct, but it's a pity they seem not to take upstream speed into account as well.

@JohnC2, I'm pleased to have your quick response, thanks. I've completed the contact form.

Regards,

Tony

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 18

they never do just down speed - there are many posts like yours from new customers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Tonyh10
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 18

I've just noticed that there's now a fault report in place on MyBT (I assume for my request), so thanks for instigating that so quickly. Its date/time is even slightly prior to my first forum post with the request! I'll keep tracking its progress and let you know when there's anything to report.

Tony

0 Ratings
Tonyh10
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 18

@JohnC2 The 9 Feb fault report on MyBT has now changed to Current Status: Completed, but my connection is still stuck on ADSLMax.

After a restart, the HH4 Event Log / WAN gives:

11:22:53, 15 Feb.( 93.960000) DSL noise margin: 27.00 dB upstream, 6.60 dB downstream
11:22:52, 15 Feb.

( 93.890000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 6176 Kbps downstream

and Helpdesk info: 

Modulation:G.992.1 Annex A

BTW Speedtest:

Download speedachieved during the test was - 5.63 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 2 Mbps-7.15 Mbps.
 IP Profile for your line is - 5.45 Mbps

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.36Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.45 Mbps

Could a mod investigate what's going on, please? I still want the connection changing to ADSL2+.

Thanks,

Tony

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 18

the mods will get back to you after the email you submitted.  you are in a queue of other customers waiting for mod help and they will contact you either by email or phone when your email reaches top of queue.  at present that can take 5 working days - just patience

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 18

i would suggest re contacting the mod helping you it looks like the upgrade has not yet been activated
0 Ratings
Tonyh10
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 18

I'll give it another 24 hours.

0 Ratings