Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
splovett
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Apparently capped adsl2+ upload

Go to solution
So frustrating - have apent hours again over the past week trying yo get customer sevices to remove the 448kbps cap that appears to have been put on my adsl2+ line which had been running at just over 1000 kbps. Upload snr is a healthy 25 and attainabke rate is showing as 1084 kbps. My download speed hasn't dropped and is 12,883 with snr of 6. Why can't you ever speak to someone with the right level of technical knowledge? This happens to me evry 18 months or so and never gets any easier to get a resolution - despite the fact that each time, someone eventually get someone to make the necessary adjusatment to their management software - it's never a hardware issue at my end. Please can someone help me get in contact with the right technical team. Thanks.
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Apparently capped adsl2+ upload

Go to solution

Hi @splovett,

Welcome to the community forum.

I'll be able to take a look at your connection. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @splovett,

Thank you for sending in your details. I gave your home number a quick call, I'm sorry I din't get speaking to you. I let a message to let you know I called.

I've ran a few checks on your line and the upload profile had been banded. I've reset the profile and as long as the connection remains stable you should notice an improvement over the next 24 hours.

If you need anything else, please get back to me.

Thanks

PaddyB

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
splovett
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you so much Paddy 

Upload now back up to 1,101 kbps (from 444 kbps).

For future reference, what would have caused my profile to become banded?  Is there anything I can do to prevent it happening again?

Really appreciate your help.

Steve

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @splovett,

Thank you for posting back. I'm glad to see that your upload speed has increased.

Banding is applied to the line by the DLM (Dynamic Line Management) system. The DLM will react to errors, normally caused interference on the line. This is to insure the stability of the connection.

Tracing the cause of the interferance can be tricky and in most case it can picked up by the internal set up or wiring. The easiest way to rule out your internal set up is to connected directly to the test socket, using a micro filter as this should by pass any internal wiring.

Check for noise on the line which may help identify the problem by doing a "quiet line test".
(Dial 17070 and select option 2).

If you see the speed drop again, please post back your router stats and I'll be happy to take a look at them for you.

Thanks

PaddyB

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
splovett
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks again Paddy - will do.

0 Ratings
Rockets
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Paddy,

Can you please help me, too?

I have had similar issue, only my issue is a drop in download speed commensurate with avtivation date of BT contract extension. (no, not a new contract, merely agreed to extend same exact service).

Similar to this user, I am frustrated that every time the contract gets extended, my profile/settings seems to get tinkered with and the result is sudden/permanent drop in download speed.

please see my post for all the data checks you require.

Very Frustrated, as this has been on-going, unresolved issue since 1 September.

thanks in advance!

0 Ratings