cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Are these inbound BT connections suitable for Broadband?

Go to solution

Hello!

We are moving house (semi-detached Bungalow) and we know that the  previous occupant was able to work online over Broadband. We cannot get in touch with them directly as they were renting the property and the owner appears not to have any understanding of the Broadband capability.

There are these two external-wall 'boxes' (in the front porch) and neighbouring Bungalows are all the same...

BT66B cable connection box though only one BT(?) line going into it.

BT66B junction box.jpg

A CSP/ETB Customer splice point/external termination box.

Customer Splice Points (CSP) or  External Termination Box (ETB).jpg

Inside the property in roughly the same position as these is this this 'socket', conveniently 'blocked' by the gas meter so I cannot get a better picture.

67A.jpg

It appears to have "PO TEL" across the top, and something like "771 O"? at the bottom.

There is no other telecoms inputs into the Bungalow though there is a 'detached' BT telecoms female to male extension cable an another room that terminates just short of the front wall.

I cannot get any sensible information from the current owner/vendor (I believe a daughter acting with power of attorney on behalf of her elderly mother).

Is anyone able to say if this will support Broadband, what type of connector the internal socket will support, or who I have to contact (BT?) to find out if anything needs to be upgraded?

Here's hoping!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Are these inbound BT connections suitable for Broadband?

Go to solution

Why don’t you enter the address into this checker 

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

It will give a prediction of the speed the address should get, from that you should be able to determine if working from home is going to be viable 

The images provided don’t indicate that  FTTP is provided at the address , just a copper cable , but the DSL checker will indicate if FTTP is available 

Message 3 of 3

Re: Are these inbound BT connections suitable for Broadband?

Go to solution

Thank you @iniltous!

You little

STAR - Simple.jpg

The link worked a treat - just the information I needed to see "what's what!!  I can see I will have broadband but not FTTP,  but  I will be able to survive!!

0 Ratings