cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pennyod
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Arrogant customer service. Something needs to change here.

Made the biggest mistake of my life changing from sky broadband and phone to Bt . We had poor broadband connection from sky. Was supposed to go live in 26th November, no calls or apologies to explain why this didn’t happen however hours in the phone from me trying to get an answer . Turns out someone forgot to request the line from sky ( previous provider). So they had to start the order all over again . New date to go live 6/12/17 . Only to be disappointed again ok really holding my patience here now to be live on 20/12/17. No of course too good to be true engineer took two days to close the job request email only to realise there is a fault somewhere inside or near the property. Engineer supposed to visit today . Did not show . No calls or emails from my case worker . Again I had to spend nearly an hour on the phone trying to find out what on earths going on .I have a huge phone bill as everything in our house runs off the internet- shopping homework etc etc .

I feel like cancelling the lot and going back to sky but fear that will take ages .... I rang the 17070 number to find a random number starting with the area code of my area but not the same number as my sky number or the new Bt number . Please help what should I do!
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
danielheywood
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Arrogant customer service. Something needs to change here.

I am sure other people will offer better advice or a moderator will step in to help you.

From my experience, I try to avoid talking to BT over the phone as sometimes it's hard to understand them, information and other things can get lost in the conversation.

I have always had a great experience using the online chat feature they offer, it's a lot quicker, it will save you money and the advisors always know the best course of action to take without any delays. You can save all conversations you have had with your advisor so you can refer back to the conversation if any problems occur.

I would suggest using live chat as of now and get your problems fixed asap!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Are you moving from adsl to adsl or fibre connection

if you had existing broadband not sure why you would need engineer visit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
LordLagsalot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

I completely and utterly feel your pain.  I had to wait for an entire month after my supposed activation date. The excuses they gave me were completely and utterly mind numbing and I felt like cancelling the whole thing. I explained to them that I have family that were from an internet connection and that I need the internet for my masters degree study but that did nothing to make them go any faster.

In the end I actually had a nice woman who dealt with my complaint and she acted as the go between for myself and openreach (who I think were actually at fault and BT were just covering for them). If it was not for her, I would have cancelled BT and gone back to my old ISP regardless of the time scale. All I can really say is stay in there and demand compensation for what is a terrible service.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @Pennyod

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post!

Sorry for the delay connecting your services.  I appreciate the time you have spent trying to get this sorted out.  The community won't be able to help with this so you can send us over your details and we'll give you a hand from here.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings